Illuminated Great Wall Tour to Simatai Section and Gubei Water Town with Dinner
Enjoy the only illuminated Great Wall in China in the evening. Hike at your own pace to enjoy the night view of Simatai Great Wall and see the magnificent sun-set as well. At the mean time, get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Walking around the beautiful ancient water village. This all-inclusive private tour to the Simatai Great Wall and Gubei Water Town, which brings the charms of southern China to the north.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Cable car or Toboggan to the Great Wall
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Chinese authentic dinner
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Gubei Water Town
- Entry/Admission - Simatai Great Wall
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gubei Water Town, Simatai villege, Gubeikou town, Beijing China
Your private guide and driver with private car will come to pick you up in your hotel lobby around 15:00pm. And then take you to Simatai Great Wall and Water Town directly (2.5 hours driving time).
You will first visit Gubei Water Town which is a newly built water town is located in Miyun county with a massive backdrop of the world famous Simatai Great Wall, the romantic Yuanyang Lake and the ancient Simatai Village. It is a replica of Wuzhen Water Town in the Southern China. In Gubei Water Town, there are 6 areas in soft opening stage including Old Barracks Area, Minguo Street Area, Water Street Area, Wonglong, water music light fountain show and etc. You will find many interesting shops, tasty restaurants, and distinctive hotels there.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Simatai Great Wall, Gubeikou Town, Beijing 101508 China
After visiting Gubei Water Town for about 1-2 hour, you will start your hiking tour on the Simatai Great Wall. This part of your trekking is one of the most beautiful sections among the Great Wall. It is located 120 kilo meters away from Beijing. Originally built during the Northern Qi dynasty (550–577) and rebuilt in the Hongwu years of the Ming dynasty. It has 5.4 km long with 35 beacon towers. It is known for its steepness. The UNESCO has designated Simatai Great Wall as one of the World Cultural Heritage Sites as part of the Great Wall World Heritage Site. It's the only Great Wall lit up in China. Take cable car up and down from the Great Wall which is good to save your energy.
Afterwards, the authentic food dinner will be arranged in the water town restaurant before transferred back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will pickup in your city center hotel lobby
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.