Il Sentiero del Viandante: from LIERNA to VARENNA
An Hiking tour of about 15 km, the High variant of the Wayfarer's path, along a steep path that connects Lierna to Ortanella and from there to Varenna.
From the thick Brentalone valley, on a steep path that crosses the cliff of Sheep's Zucco, you reach the cross of Brentalone, 650 m above sea level.
Continue to Alpe di Mezzedo, with its ancient "Giazzera" and a breathtaking view of the lake that is hard to forget. From there to Ortanella, the highest point of the Wayfarer's Path (952 m asl) with its ancient church of St. Peter. After a well-deserved lunch break, the journey begins in the lake side, reaches the Vezio and then Varenna among views of rare beauty.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Tour with licensed Nature Hiking Guide AIGAE
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Possibility to eat in a typical local restaurant in Ortanella
- Entry/Admission - Castello di Vezio
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chiesa di San Pietro, Ortanella, Esino Lario Italy
Visiting the church when open, looking at breathtaking scenery on lake Como, lunch break
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Castello di Vezio, Via Del Castellano, 23828 Vezio, Perledo Italy
Guided tour in the medieval Castle
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :23827 Lierna, Province of Lecco, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Varenna Esino, 23828 Perledo, Province of Lecco, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for those who DO NOT have a basic walking training
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.