Idaho City Historic District Walking Tour
Your tour guide Rhonda Jameson is the Chairman of the Idaho City Historic Preservation Commission, past Museum Curator and Oral history collector. She has been giving tours for over 20 years, and can gain entrance for you, into the some of the most interesting historic buildings in Idaho, as well as bring the history of the Wild West alive with stories.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided Tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Idaho City, Idaho City, Idaho
As you roam the wooden boardwalks and explore the historic buildings, of the Idaho City Historic District, your guide will take you back in time to the 1860's, when Idaho City was the "Queen of the Gold Camps and the biggest city in the Pacific Northwest. Visit the Courthouse and see where Herman St. Clair was sentence to be hung, for shooting his mining partner in the back. Explore the Vaults in the Miners Exchange and sit in Saloon, where county commissioners still have their meetings, Today, sitting behind the bar. Learn about the dramatic history of fires and how that influenced the architecture. Walk through the first Idaho Territorial Penitentiary and see the writing on the walls, left by prisoners in the 1800's. Peek in the windows of the houses in the Historic Village and learn about mining techniques that were used to extract more gold from the area, than anywhere else in the country. In short, Relive the days of yesteryear, and make memories For Today!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :101 Main St, Idaho City, ID 83631, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Visitors are welcome to wear their own face masks, but are not required.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.