Icelandic Horse Riding and Whale Watching Tour from Reykjavik
Combine an Icelandic horseback riding tour and high-speed whale watching cruise on a day trip from Reykjavik. Suitable for all abilities, the experience starts with a 2.5-hour ride through moors and lava fields on the sturdy Icelandic horse. Enjoy free time for lunch at Reykjavik Old Harbor, and then board an express boat to speed across Faxaflói Bay to the whale watching sites in super-fast time. Look for whales, dolphins and porpoises and more!
Pick-up is included for the horseback riding portion of the tour. Please contact tour operator to confirm pick-up location and time.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide on both tours
- Use of riding helmet
- Use of coveralls
- Live commentary on cruise
- Onboard Wi-Fi
- Pick-up for horseback riding (8:45-9:15) and drop-off to the Old Harbour for whale watching.
- Entry/Admission - Íslenski Hesturinn - The Icelandic Horse
- Entry/Admission - Special Tours
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Drop-off after whale watching (available for an additional fee - please contact supplier directly).
- For the first part of this combo tour you will join a guided horseback riding tour with Íslenski Hesturinn (The Icelandic Horse). You will be picked up from your hotel between 8:45 and 9:15, so please make sure you are ready at 8:45. After the horse riding tour you will be dropped off in the Old Harbour for your whale watching adventure.
Departure Point :Íslenski Hesturinn - The Icelandic Horse, Surtlugata 3, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up for the horse riding is offered from all hotels and guesthouses in Reykjavík. Please contact supplier to confirm your designated pickup location.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Geirsgata 11, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in a variety weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note that sightings of wildlife cannot be guaranteed - if there are no sightings on your tour you will receive a complimentary ticket to try again on the next available day!
- Hotel pick up: please contact supplier directly to confirm pick-up details for the horse riding tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are following all health & safety guidelines in accordance with the Icelandic government. The gathering ban is set to 100 people, so capacity has been reduced accordingly. Masks must be worn by passengers during the tour. Please respect the 2 meter social distancing while checking in and queuing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.