Ice fishing on a frozen lake
We will travel 20 minutes from Rovaniemi by minivan and take a short walk to reach the lake. The location is our own private place away from the crowds in the middle of the peaceful nature. The main activity is of course fishing itself, but the frozen lake also offers an ideal setting for landscape and wildlife photos.
Once we reach the lake, we will teach you the basics of ice fishing and enjoy a pleasant afternoon fishing and photographing. We will also set up a campfire in traditional Lappish Kota shelter and enjoy some hot drinks and snacks – and of course fry our catch of the day!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Wilderness/photography guide
- Hot drinks and snacks
- Ice fishing trip to frozen lake
- hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Minivan transportation
- Ice fishing equipment
- Warm clothing & winter boots (if needed)
- 10-15 photos from the tour sent to you afterwards
What's excluded :
How to catch fish when it’s hiding under a one-meter layer of ice? You will learn that and much more, as we take you ice fishing on a frozen lake amidst beautiful winter scenery.
Departure Point :Valtakatu 21, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up service from any accommodation outside city center and in range of 10km.
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.