Hydra Island Day Tour with your Private Guide in the Most Cosmopolitan Island
This is a trip to a real Greek island that is a lot more authentic than any of the famous and over touristy ones such as Mykonos & Santorini. At the same time very cosmopolitan while maintaining its magic and peacefulness due to the presence of the locals and the absence of any kind of vehicle!
A different approach to the popular 3 island cruise allowing you to really spend your time on the "important" island instead of 90% sailing with very limited time on each island.
On Hydra, everything inspires tranquility, relaxation, and the gentle way of life. It is not surprising that artists find inspiration in the atmosphere on Hydra.
We arrange everything for you to create a great day experience.
Your tour leader will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to the port to board the boat. A two-hour ride past Aegina & Poros islands to reach amazing Hydra!
Your tour leader will show you the island & its history as local would!
It seems like a more pricy tour, but is it really?
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfers from and to your Athens hotel/accommodation
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Private return transfer from your accommodation to the port
- Information booklet about all the tour
- Your private guide
- Optional: Vegetarian lunch can be arranged in most cases. Please let us know in advance.
- Entry/Admission - Port of Piraeus
What's excluded :
- Lunch - You will have about 1 hour to enjoy lunch in Hydra and we'll make sure you select the places you prefer.
- Boat return tickets 61 EUR/person (but we prebook them for you)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Athens, Athens, Attica
We start from the center of Athens or any of the other locations listed
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Port of Piraeus, Akti Miaouli 10, Piraeus 185 38 Greece
We drive to Piraeus port for the boat pick up that we'll take you to Hydra island within (approximately) two hours and usually via Poros island too.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hydra, Hydra, Saronic Gulf Islands, Attica
Hydra, one of the most exclusive and romantic islands in the Saronic Gulf. A true pearl unique by its scenery. Hydra is a "car-free" island meaning that no vehicles are allowed, the only means of transportation are the cute island donkeys. And more importantly without the craziness of Mykonos and Santorini!
You will have enough time to take photos and explore at your own pace spots such as:
- Statue of A.Miaoulis & the Merchant Marine Academy
- Monastery of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
- Walk from Hydra port along the coastline to Kaminia port and back to Hydra town/port around the back streets
- The Lazaros Koundouriotis Museum
- Lunch or snack or coffee
- Square of the Five Hydriot Prime Ministers & Rafalias Pharmacy - - Sophia Loren's windmill
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Athens, Athens, Attica
We ride the boat to return to Piraeus port and then to your Athens accommodation.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from any Airbnb, hotel, etc from the center of Athens but if you are in a different location please contact us.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- OUR PERSONAL view: We implemenet all the protocols of the local authorities such as masks, sanitizing, social distancing, but most of all common logic and flexibility to adjust to each situation. We also do temperature & oxygen checks if needed. Most of all, we are in favor of "adjustive social distancing" and exploring safely in the open that will provide more freedom and safety. We can still be social while maintaining our personal space/distance and following the local rules. Please decide on your holiday with your own criteria considering your health, tolerance to risk but don't go for a holiday that is not going to be worry-free!
- PROTOCOLS in place while COVID-19 effects the world: All our tours have always been private and social distancing is easy and not new to us. Μaximum number of passengers per car/minivan is revised by the local authorities according to the epidemiological situation but being family or friends is the key to safety. Regular temperature check for staff & visitors is available. Staff required to regularly wash hands. Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas. Individual toiletries and/or hand sanitizer is available to guests & staff and required to use at every stop & departure during each day. We care about health! We expect YOU to be healthy before traveling!
- OUR GUIDES ARE LIKE FAMILY TO US: They care about our safety A LOT! Our tours are PRIVATE and already what you would call safe! We are in the open, exploring with spotless cars, sites with natural “social distancing,” non-touristy hotels & tavernas, local people & communities with “zero” cases!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please carry your own masks with you, and be prepared to use them when required or when you feel that will provide you with extra safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.