Hyderabad to Mallikarjuna Temple 2 Day Trip
Hyderabad to Mallikarjuna Temple 2 days private tour include transport by private AC car and one night accommodation in Srisailam. Pay your homage to Lord Mallikarjuna a Jyotirlinga temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Bhramaramba Sakti Peetha. Parvati consort of Lord Shiva is depicted as Brahmaramba. It is the one of the only three temples in India in which both Jyotirlinga and Shaktipeeth is revered. Explore Nallamala forest on a safari trip before driving back to Hyderabad.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- 1 Night accommodation in selected category hotels or similar.
- Applicable GST (government taxes).
- Bottled water in car
- Deluxe air-conditioned private vehicle with English speaking chauffeur as per tour program.
- English speaking tour guide on sightseeing days (local guide).
- Monuments entrances of sightseeing mentioned in the itinerary.
- Private airport transfer with assistance of office executive.
What's excluded :
- Any air fare
- Camera charges at monuments
- Expenses of personal nature like liquor, laundry, tips, telephone, fax, internet etc.
- Main Meals, Lunch or dinner unless mentioned
- Or anything not mentioned above.
Day 1: Hyderabad - Srisailam (230kms/ 5hrs approx)
Stop At: Srisailam, Srisailam, Andhra Pradesh
Pick up from your hotel and drive to Srisailam. Visit -
Sri Bhramaramba Mallikarjuna Temple - situated on the banks of River Krishna, this temple is popularly called the 'Kailash of the South'. It is significant to the Hindu sects of both Shaivam and Shaktam as this temple is referred to as one of the twelve Jyothirlingas of Lord Shiva and as one of the eighteen Shakti Peethas of goddess Parvati. Shiva is worshiped as Mallikarjuna, and is represented by the lingam. His consort Parvati is depicted as Brahmaramba. It is the one of the only three temples in India in which both Jyotirlinga and Shaktipeeth is revered.
As per a legend in Shiva Purana, when Lord Ganesha got married before his brother, Lord Kartikeya, the latter was furious. He then went to a remote mountain and refused to see anyone, even his parents. Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati were quite hurt seeing their son's condition and Shiva assumed the form of a jyotirlinga and stayed in the mountain with the name of Mallikarujna.
The temple complex covers 2 hectares and houses four gateway towers known as gopurams. The temple has numerous shrines, with those of Mallikarjuna and Bhramaramba being the most prominent. The temple complex houses many halls; the most notable is the Mukha Mandapa built during the Vijayanagar period. The temple is situated facing East. The center mandapam has several pillars, with a huge idol of Nadikeshwara. The temple is enclosed by tall walls measuring 183 m (600 ft) by 152 m (499 ft) and 8.5 m (28 ft) tall. There are a number of sculptures in the precinct each rising above another. The Mukamandapa, the hall leading to the sanctum, has intricately sculpted pillars. The shrine where Mallikarjuna is housed is considered the oldest in the temple, dating back to the 7th century. There is a Sahasra linga (1000 linga), believed to have been commissioned by Rama and five other lingams believed to have been commissioned by Pandavas. A mirror hall in the first precinct has images of Nataraja.
Rest time free and easy to relax.
Duration: 5 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight at hotel.
Day 2: Srisailam - Hyderabad
Stop At: Srisailam, Srisailam, Andhra Pradesh
Breakfast at hotel and leave for Nature walk of 2-3 kms Bird and Butterfly Watching.
The dawn in the Nallamala forests breaks with vivid birds and winged jewels of nature. Around 200 species of birds have been documented in NSTR. Grey Hornbill, Drongo, koel, Indian Roller, Paradise Fly chtcher, Black headed Oriole, Red vented Bulbul, Purple sunbird and commonly found in the Reserve. Butterflies of 89 species and 57 species of months have been recorded.
Jeep Safari in Nallamala Forest. A drive of 1-2 hours in the Nallamala Forests offers wilderness experience and exposure on the floral and faunal diversity of Eastern Ghats apart from its awesome landscapes.
Afternoon drive to Hyderabad and drop off to your hotel or airport.
Duration: 3 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad India
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/1/2020 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.