Hungarian Countryside Full-Day Tour from Budapest
This tour is a nice combination of architectural, cultural and gastronomic gems and it shows some of the nicest regions of Hungary's countryside. Some locations would be hard to find by foreign guests and some wines are quite unique and can only be tasted locally.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - wine tasting in 3 different local cellars
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Pannonhalma Archabbey
- Entry/Admission - Pannonhalma Abbey Gardens and Herbal Lavender House
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Pannonhalmi Palinkarium
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pannonhalma Archabbey, Var 1., Pannonhalma 9090 Hungary
We will visit the gorgeous medieval archabbey. It is one of the few Romanesque and Gothic remnants of the country. Then we will pay a visit to the stunning Benedictine Library which is said to be the world's biggest Benedictine collection not to mention the beautiful library building itself.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pannonhalma Abbey Gardens and Herbal Lavender House, Pannonhalma 9090 Hungary
We will stroll through the gorgeous herbs and lavender fields attached to the Abbey's courtyard , and taste something special in its little shop full of the manifactured bio products made by the monks themselves coming from these gardens.
The following stop is going to be the wine cellar which belongs to the Abbey, where we taste a few examples of the latest vintages.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Pannonhalmi Palinkarium, Petofi utca 26., Pannonhalma 9090 Hungary
We will take a sneak peak into the secrets of the traditional and beloved schnaps of Hungary, the Palinka.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Nyul, Nyul, Gyor-Moson-Sopron County, Central Transdanubia
We will have a delicious authentic soup in a cosy old fashioned restaurant.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Somlojeno, Somlojeno, Veszprem County, Central Transdanubia
On the hill of Somló, we will visit a bigger and smaller sized wine cellar to get a full perspective of the local wine production. We will make sure that we leave some time for scenic viewpoint on the top of the hill.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Budapest, Nyugati tér, Hungary
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.