Hungarian Cooking Class with a Local Chef
Do you like cooking and would you like to discover Hungary through gastronomy?
I am a professional cook and I would be happy if I share everything with you about Hungarian cuisine.
I love cooking and eating great food. It is fantastic when my kitchen is full of life: somebody is chopping onions, someone else is preparing the meat or is kneading dough and we are talking, laughing and the smell of the food fills the whole place.
While you are in Budapest, come, cook together and enjoy this unique atmosphere in the centre.
My hands-on cooking class gives you a memorable experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- It includes:
- all the ingredients, kitchen pots and equipment,
- the recipes of the dishes, which you can take home,
- my help and guidance (I am a professional cook)
- small group,
- you can learn how to prepare the dishes and at the same time you can get an insight into the life of a Hungarian people,
- 4-hour cooking program with interesting information and stories about Hungarian culture, customs,
- 3-course Hungarian menu (soup, main course and dessert)
- you can taste the typical Hungarian bites as well,
- drinks: Hungarian palinka (fruit brandy), Hungarian wine, soft drinks and coffee,
What's excluded :
- From the beginning to the end we make together a Hungarian 3-course menu (soup, main course, dessert). I provide all of ingredients, pots and kitchen equipments. I give you the recipes of the dishes, which you can take home. You can choose one from 5 different menus (see these below). During the coking you can taste the typical local ingredients (peppers, sausages, palinka...). I would like to show a lot of information with you about Hungary, local food, customs and everyday life. End of the cooking we eat together and you can enjoy the result of your efforts with a glass of Hungarian wine.
Menu options - please, choose only one:
Menu A: Sour cherry soup, Chicken paprikas with homemade dumplings, Gundel pancake
Menu B: Fish soup, Beef stew with small dumplings, Hungarian apple pie
Menu C: Goulash soup (with beef), Savoury pancake Hortobagy style (with chicken), Gerbeaud layer cake
Menu D: Chicken ragout soup with tarragon, Hungarian stuffed peppers with tomato sauce (pork meat), Strudel (we use the filo dough)
Menu E: Creamy potato soup with smoked sausage, Stuffed cabbage (with pork meat), Poppy-seed bread dumplings with vanilla custard
• Kitchen Pixie Budapest - Cooking Classes and Private Dining, Kiraly utca 77. I./17., Budapest 1077 Hungary
• Goulash soup (with beef meat)
• Salty meat pancake Hortobagy style (with chicken)
• Gerbeaud layer cake
Departure Point :Király Street, Budapest, Király u., Hungary
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.