Hue to DMZ tour - Vinh Moc tunnel history Vietnam War
If you have chance to travel to Vietnam, please arrive at Hue for visiting this place to explode the bloodiest battles between Vietnamese and USA soldiers as well as have a look demilitarized bases as Vinh Moc tunnel, Khe Sanh combat
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfer will be by private vehicle with air conditioner
- Hue dragon's boat
- nglish speaking guide
- Mineral water.
What's excluded :
- Personal travel insurance
- The DMZ lay at the 17th parallel and was created by an agreement known as the Geneva Agreement. In reality, the DMZ extended 10 km on either side of the Ben Hai River and ran west to east from the Laotian border to the South China Sea. The DMZ was breached by the North Vietnamese Army when they constructed the Ho Chi Minh Trail that allowed for the transport of troops and supplies to the National Liberation Front in the south. The U.S, in an attempt to stop the flow of troops and supplies, built a series of fire bases including Camp Carroll, Fuller, The Rockpile, Con Tien, Vandergrift, Khe Sanh Combat Base, Lang Vei Special Forces Camp…. along Route 9, about six miles south of and parallel to the DMZ. That series of bases became known as the “McNamara Line,” so named for Robert S. McNamara”, then U.S. secretary of defence. Some of the war's fiercest fighting and bloodiest battles occurred along that line. Such areas as Khe Sanh, Con Tien, Hamburger Hill… are forever etched into the minds of the soldiers who fought there and survived.
Pick-up in Hue at 9am, head north on Highway One toward Dong Ha, stop at sites along the way, such as Highway of Horror, Quang Tri Citadel, the Ai Tu Airfield. Continue to Dong Ha, the former headquarters of the elements of the U.S Marines, head west on Route 9. The first stop is the Rockpile, a look-out of the U.S Marine Corps, visit Van Kieu ethnic minorities people in the Central of Vietnam. Continue to Khe Sanh village, visit Khe Sanh Combat Base. Lunch in Dong Ha. After lunch, head north to visit the Hien Luong Bridge over the Ben Hai river at the middle of the DMZ ( Demilitarized Zone ), the river that was the only true physical demarcation between North and South Vietnam . Continue to Vinh Moc tunnels, the refuge of some 400 north Vietnamese inhabitants during the bombing operation “ Rolling Thunder “. Back to Hue. End of the trip.
Departure Point :Hue city
Departure Time :9am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour from Hue city. Departure: 9.00 am
- Private tour leaves every day, year-round
- Don’t forget to bring: suntan lotion, hat, sun glasses, windbreaker for the months of November, December and January.
- All is quoted by USD
- For any help, kindly contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.