Hue Citadal - The Imperial City Tour 1 Day From Hoi An Ancient Town
Take a journey through the fascinating past of Vietnam’s former Imperial Capital, Hue by visiting its prime historical attractions; the Imperial City, Forbidden Purple City, the Emperor’s Private Residence, Perfume River, Thien Mu pagoda and Khai Dinh Royal Tomb.
● Visit Hue’s prime attraction, the ancient Citadel, which contains the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City and the Emperor's Private Residence
● Enjoy a local lunch
● Take a boat trip on the beautiful Perfume River and stopover at Thien Mu pagoda, the Buddhist Monastery now infamous for the monk who set himself alight in 1963 to protest against cruel treatment of Buddhist monks
● Visit the serene Khai Dinh Royal Tomb, designed to blend in with its natural surroundings and built on principles of feng-shui
● Enjoy spectacular views, from the 360 panoramic sight of the Eastern Sea to the top of the world-famous Hai Van pass
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced English speaking tour guide
- Traditional lunch at local restaurant
- Bottled water
- All entrance fees
- Travel insurance: $5,000 USD/ case/ person
- Entry/Admission - Hue Imperial City (The Citadel)
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Tipping/ gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hue Imperial City (The Citadel), Hue Vietnam
* Visitors are required to wear shirts with sleeves and pants under knees when visiting the Hue Citadel
Head to Hue, along the North coast of Da Nang to the top of Hai Van Pass where bunkers remaining from the war can be explored. Upon arrival in Hue, we will visit the Citadel, Hue’s prime attraction, which contains the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City and the Emperor’s Private Residence. Hue citadel was built from 1804 to 1833 under the Nguyen’s dynasty (the last feudalist kingdom in Vietnam). The grounds of the Imperial City are protected by fortified ramparts 2 kilometers and ringed by a moat. Inside the citadel, there are a lot of different construction works such as: Imperial City gates, Purple Forbidden City, Temples and places of worshipping, pavilions, gardens, etc.
Following the morning activities, we will have a short break for lunch and afterward, we will take a boat trip on the Perfume River with a stopover at Thien Mu pagoda. Considered by many as the unofficial symbol of Hue, Thien Mu is an active Buddhist monastery with origins dating back to 1601. One of its most poignant displays is a car belonging to a former monk, who in 1963, drove to Saigon and set himself alight to protest against the South Vietnamese regime and its cruel treatment of Buddhist monks and followers. From here, we will go to visit the serene Khai Dinh Royal Tomb, designed to blend in with its natural surroundings and built on principles of feng-shui.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :205 Nguyễn Duy Hiệu, Cẩm Châu, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up at your hotel which is located within Hoi An Ancient Town. Picking up at other suburban districts might be extra charged.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.