Huaraz Private City Tour
Visit to the archaeological sites of Wilcahuain and Antoaoco, remains from the Wari-Tiwanacu (600-800 DC) period. Here we observe funerary chambers built in various levels surrounded by the magnificent andean panorama of the Callejon de Huaylas Valley. Also visit to the Regional Archaeological Museum, where displays ofpottery, mummies,stone sculptures can be seen. These artifacts show different periods of the regional development with cultures as Recuay, Huaraz and Wari clutures. Ride up the Cordillera Negra to enjoy the magnificent sight of the Cordillera Blanca, the worlds highest tropical mountain range with awesome iced peaks between 18,000 and 22,000 feet above sea level, deep gorges, glacier tongues and alluvial valleys.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish).
- Pickup and drop-off.
- Admission to The Regional Archaeological Museum
- Admission to Wilcahuain archaeological site
- Entry/Admission - Monumento Nacional Wilcahuain Ruin
- Entry/Admission - Museo Arqueologico de Ancash "Augusto Soriano Infante"
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monumento Nacional Wilcahuain Ruin, Wilcahuain 60, Huaraz 02002 Peru
Wilcahuain is a temple of Huari-Tiahuanaco influence (pre-Hispanic culture). This stone temple is constructed of overlapping platforms and divided into three floors. The building was built for funerary purposes. This mausoleum meant a change for funeral customs since previous cultures did it underground.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museo Arqueologico de Ancash "Augusto Soriano Infante", Avenida Toribio de Luzuriaga 762, Huaraz 02001 Peru
The Archaeological Museum of Ancash was founded in 1935. It has four exhibition rooms and houses an essential compilation of archaeological pieces, especially from cultures from the North area of Peru such as Recuay, Moche and Chavín.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cordillera Negra, 02175, Peru
The Cordillera Negra and the Cordillera Blanca form the Callejón de Huaylas. Both mountain ranges sit, in parallel, one in front of the other and offer a unique landscape.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located in Huaraz downtown.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Most travelers can participate
- Travel accessories: sunglasses and retainer strap, sun block and lip balm, toiletry kit, small washcloth, personal first-aid kit.
- It is recommended to bring local currency (peruvian Sol), for drinks, snacks, tips, souvenirs and for horseback riding service, if you require it.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.