Huakai Nui - Big Hiking Adventure
The Big Hiking Adventure takes place on thousands of acres of private conservation land 8-miles above the North Shore town of Haleʻiwa. Guests will enjoy a 6-hour guided hike into the lush tropical valleys of Oʻahu - trek through freshwater streams, see rare endemic flora, pick fresh tropical fruit, and swim in the best mountain pool on the island! This tour takes place on 100% private trails, which means a unique secluded experience! There is simply no other hiking tour like this on the island!
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Private Conservation Land fees
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Bottled water
- Professional driver
- Expert local guide
- 4wd transport by air-conditioned coach to trailhead
- Waikiki pickup & drop off available for an additional fee
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Trail Rating: Intermediate/Advanced
Schedule: Thursday & Saturday
Age Requirement: 10yrs
If lush tropical valleys and pristine mountain pools is your thing – you cannot miss this tour! High in the Koʻolau mountains is a valley of unparalleled beauty with an abundance of
exquisite freshwater pools and the
best mountain swimming on the island! Possibly the most delightful hike on O'ahu, this trail includes
10 stream crossings and an amazing array of tropical flowers and fruits. See
wild tangerines, lilikoʻi (passion fruit), ʻohi'a ʻai (mountain apple), mango, hau (sea hibiscus), and much more! Enjoy the islands through Hawaiian eyes as your expert guide shares the history, language, and moʻolelo (stories) of Hawai'i and its fascinating environment. The "Nui" however, is all about the wai (water), so get your swimsuit on and strap up the hiking boots North Shore EcoTours is taking you on an adventure - Hawaiian style! Space is limited, so reserve yours today!
Pick-up site: Aloha General Store in North Shore Marketplace (66-250 Kamehameha Hwy.) in Haleʻiwa town. Look for a 4x4 van. Please be on-site no later than 8:50am.
Tour includes: 4wd transportation from Haleʻiwa, an expert guide, hiking stick, bug spray, sunblock, backpack, dry bag, rain poncho, water, lite lunch & snack.
What to wear/bring: covered shoes, swimwear, personal medication (if applicable).
Optional items: long pants, camera, towel, “slippahs” (flip-flops) or water shoes, snacks, light jacket, sunglasses, hat.
* Caution: Although this trail is safe, please remember that it is an actual mountain trail. As such, hikers can expect exposure to: rain, streams, sunshine, wind, and/or high humidity. Trail conditions include: slippery stream crossings, loose gravel, slick mud, and cliffy sections. This trail has an elevation gain of 200ft. thus all hikers must be able to traverse uphill & downhill. This trail is not suitable for elderly or people with: hip and/or knee ailments; vertigo; or an extreme fear of heights. There are many stream crossings – YOU WILL GET WET – so be prepared for wet clothes/shoes and be mindful of personal electronics. As “hike ratings” are relevant to a hiker’s physical condition, please inquire first before booking if you or anyone in your party has any medical conditions that may affect his/her ability to safely negotiate a mountain trail. All guests are required to sign a waiver & release form prior to the start of their tour.
Departure Point :66-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.