Hua Hin Local Food Tour with English Speaking Thai Tour Guide
This tour is about showcasing local food heroes, where local Thais love to go and eat. On this 3½ hour tour, your guide will take you off the beaten track. You will try some amazing tasting Thai food in humble surrounds. You will be eating with locals, which just backs up the age-old adage that 'locals always know where to find the best food in town'. For this tour, you will experience venues with a high standard of food hygiene, are family-run with family recipes, yet offer truly 5 star flavours without the 5 star appearance.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (distance restrictions apply). If you are outside our free pickup zone, which is in the Hua Hin city or Khao Takiab areas, there will be a transportation surcharge
- Up to 15 food tastings stopping at 4 venues & 1 street food vendor
- English speaking Thai tour guide
- All tour transport by local Songtheaws
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Alcohol (may be purchased)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of the Hua Hin City and Khao Takiab areas (distance restrictions apply). If you are staying outside this free pickup zone, there will be a transportation surcharge which will need to be paid at the commencement of the tour.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hua Hin, Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province
You start the tour where locals go to satisfy their appetites to start the day. Under this traditional 2 story Thai house, there are 3 generations working. There is a steady stream of hungry customers dropping by for take away, or sitting at the tables slurping freshly made noodles; all this with fresh Nam Prik Pao • Chilli Jam taking pride of place. It is in no way fancy, but there is a reason for its popularity; super tasty food with fast and friendly service!
At the next stop, you will taste the dishes from the Isaan region, the NorthEast. These dishes are designed to challenge the taste buds a little. The depth of flavour exhibited from this region is astonishing.
On the way to your second last venue, you will stop and try some roadside sweets.
Your penultimate stop is a very local eatery located just opposite the Klai Kangwon Palace. This restaurant serves exclusively Northern Thai cuisine. Here, there is no menu in English. True to the palace's translated name, Far From Worries, you have no worries to come and try two of the North's most famous dishes in Khao Soi • Chiang Mai Noodles and Sai Ua • Chiang Mai Sausage.
Your final destination is another very local garden location serves excellent Thai food. Here your tour guide will select dishes from the Central region like Yum Naem Khao Tord which is a Salad made of crispy rice balls and pork. Aroi!
Altogether, the tour includes around 15 food tastings.
Note: Sometimes our regular vendors are closed on the day you have a tour booked however we have other vendors that are equally as good in the event that there is closures.
Departure Point :Hua Hin Clock Tower, Thanon Phet Kasem, Tambon Hua Hin, Amphoe Hua Hin, Chang Wat Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
Accommodation deemed outside our local pickup zone will incur a small pickup fee.
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Tour is not suitable for guests who are vegan, gluten intolerant or who have a nut allergy.
- Tour is not suitable for strict vegetarians, as it is difficult to avoid fish and oyster sauces. We can cater for Vegetarians who eat these sauces, however they may not get the full amount of advertised tastes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements upon booking.
- No walking is involved as we utilise local transport
- Minimum tour numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation, even after confirmation, if there are not enough passengers to meet minimum requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative, or full refund.
- Feast Thailand carries compulsory Travel Accident Insurance, which is required by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT). This policy is underwritten by Safety Insurance Public Company Limited. All guests on a booking must advise their name, passport number, nationality and date of birth in order to be insured, as required by Thai law. This information is confidential and will not be used in any other way.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.