Houseboat Cruise in Bekal from Mangalore
Bekal is a coastal town in the South Indian state of Kerala. On this day-excursion from Mangalore, visit the Lake Temple of Ananthapura. Next drive to the historic 17th century Bekal Fort and spend a few hours in a houseboat cruising the backwaters of Bekal. Enjoy lunch on board the houseboat amidst the splendid views of palm trees, green fields and fishing boats.
• Ananthapura Lake Temple
• Keyhole shaped Bekal Fort
• Houseboat cruise on the backwaters of Bekal
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Boat Cruise with lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Ananthapura Lake Temple
- Entry/Admission - Bekal Beach
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ananthapura Lake Temple, Sri Ananthapadmanabha Swamy Temple, Ananthapura Via Kumbla, Kasaragod 671321 India
The drive from Mangalore to the town of Bekal, situated on the coast of the Arabian Sea takes about 2 hours.
En route to Bekal, visit the 9th century Ananthapura Lake Temple. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu God Vishnu and is situated in the middle of a lake. From ancient times, one crocodile is to be seen in the lake. The locals consider it to be the guardian of the temple. Interestingly, the crocodile is vegetarian and feeds only on food given by the devotees.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bekal Beach, Near Bekal Fort, Bekal India
. On reaching Bekal, visit the 17th century keyhole shaped fort which offers scenic views of the beach and ocean from the fort ramparts. Almost three quarters of the walls of the fort are in contact with water. From a distance it appears to emerge from the sea.
After the tour of the fort, board a houseboat for a cruise on the backwaters of Bekal. Spend the afternoon gliding over the clear waters and enjoy the scenic views as you go past palm trees, green fields, villages and temples. Lunch (beverage excluded), a typical Kerala meal, will be cooked and served on board the houseboat. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are available
Once your tour will be finished you will be driven back to fixed point / your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in the city of MangaloreAirports
- Mangalore International Airport, Bajpe Main Rd, Kenjar HC, Karnataka 574142, India
- New Manglore Port, Indian Oil Tank Farm, Kasba Bengre, Panambur, New Mangalore, Indian Oil Tank Farm, Kasba Bengre, Mangalore, Karnataka 575010, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.