House of Mary, Temple & Ancient Ephesus
This fully guided tour begins with a scenic drive to the House of Virgin Mary, which is a Catholic and Muslim shrine located on Mount Koressos. You will visit the chapel before departing for the ancient town of Ephesus, built in the 10th Century BC. Your guide will show you around its excavated remains, including the Baths of Scholastica, the Grand Theatre and the Temples of Hadrian and Artemis.
Entrance fees to Ephesus & House of Mary are included within this tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance Fees
- English Speaking Guide
- Entry/Admission - Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
- Entry/Admission - Ephesus Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House), Selcuk 35100 Turkey
We will start our tour with The House of Virgin Mary which is located on the Aladag Mountains 5 miles away from Ephesus. At the third Ecumenical Council on 431 AD in Ephesus, it was claimed that Mary came to Ephesus with St. John in 37 A.D. and lived there until her death in 48 A.D. After the discovery of the house, the Archbishop of Izmir declared this as a place of pilgrimage in 1892. On July 26, 1967, Pope Paul VI visited this place and prayed there. We will spend approximately 40 minutes here where you can also leave a message on the famous wishing wall (don't forget your paper).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ephesus Museum, Selcuk Turkey
The tour will then move on to one of the main highlights in Turkey, Ephesus, where we will start the tour of this ancient site from the upper gate. (Please be aware, Ephesus is very long and, on an incline, it is advisable to wear suitable footwear as there are steps and uneven ground).
We will take a walk through history along the marble streets lined with wonderful public buildings, among them the Baths of Scholastica, the Library of Celsus; it was built in the beginning of the 2nd century A.D. by Gaius Julius Aquila to be a memorial to his father Gaius Julius Celsus Polemanus, the proconsul of Province of Asia., the Temple of Hadrian and The Grand Theatre are two of the most impressive buildings in Ephesus. Grand theatre was built in 3rd century B.C and it was later expanded to 24.000 spectators by the Romans in the 1st century A.D.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Kusadasi Port, Türkmen, Yat Limanı, 09400 Kuşadası/Aydın, Turkey
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/18/2020 - 10/31/2020
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 44 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.