Horseback Riding Tour in a Natural Park from Barcelona & Wine tasting in Penedés
Although it seems impossible, you get the opportunity to experience a unique Horseback ride in a Natural Park just a few miles from Barcelona city. The tour departs from Barcelona at 9AM (weekdays) or 8AM (sundays) to the equestrian center where you will find the peace, joy and nature you were searching for. You and your group will enjoy a pleasant ride through different trails that will make you feel in a exceptional place and remember this activity forever. After the ride you will be delighted with the best regional and local products and meals in a catalan snack.
In the afternoon, you go to the best wine growing region in Catalunya where the vines cover all the fields giving a charming scenery. Discover the impressive Wine Estates, its underground cellars, meet their people, discover their secrets and try their most appreciated products.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or 4wheel drive car.
- Horse-riding helmet and horse equipment.
- 30 minutes ride in the horse arena and 1,5h ride into the woods.
- Light catalan lunch
- Visit of a locally winery.
- Wine and cava tasting accompanied with some local products (Catalan fuet, delicious cheese and extra virgin olive oil)
- Souvenir pictures with your horse and during the visit to the winery.
- A professional native guide provides the guided tour in Catalan, Spanish or English.
- Local taxes included
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option is selected)
- Rider pants, boots or other extra equipment.
- Tour leaves Barcelona at 9AM (weekdays) 8AM (weekends) in a 4wheel drive car with full air conditioning, and heads straight up to a Natural Park close to Barcelona, where the equestrian center is located.
After helping us prepare the horses (brush and saddle up your horse) ride in the horse arena (for about 30minutes), while your experienced guide gives you some tips and a technical explanation.
Later on, enjoy a scenic, leisurely, guided tour on horseback through various trails inside the woods of the Natural Park. The ranch is surrounded by a large extension of woods and mountains.
After the 1,5h adventure in the forest, you will have the opportunity to learn how to take care of the horses after the energetic walk. The morning finishes with a nutritious snack in the ranch. Be ready to enjoy a Catalan and Spanish lunch, while sharing tales of your unforgettable horseback riding experience!
Moreover, you will have a few time to see the horse riding place and the outstanding views of Barcelona before going to the wineyards.
The day continues with a visit of a family owned winery, where you will discover the impressive underground cellars while the owner of the winery explains you how the famous wine and cava (local champagne) are produced, from the first pressing of the grapes to the fermentation in the cellars.
After touring the vineyards and cellars, take part in a wine and cava-tasting session, savouring the exquisite notes of the local champagne and wine. This will let you see exactly why wines and cavas have acquired such international fame. The tasting is accompanied by the chance to sample locally grown products (Catalan fuet, extra virgin olive oil and delicious cheese).
You return to Barcelona, arriving at 18:30 approx.
Departure Point :Carrer de l'Óssa Menor, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
Optional pick up/drop of service at your accomodation place in Barcelona for only 29€/group.In case to contract pick up, it is mandatory the Hotel Name and Address
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years. Minors will drink "most" (special grape juices)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any food allergies or specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear suitable clothing: long trousers, leggings or jodhpurs, and closed-toe shoes with non-slip soles.
- Please advise of any illness, previous injury or disability that may affect your riding ability.
- Please bring a jacket with you. In the Natural Park, it’s cooler than in the city.
- Remember to bring sun protection.
- No previous riding experience is necessary. The activity is suitable for all riders from beginners to experienced.
- Pregnant women are not included in our horse riding tours.
- Minimum age for horse riding is 8 years old. However, there are ponies for the younger ones!
- Maximum weight for horse riding is 187 lb (85kg).
- Rain is usually not a problem in Barcelona and Catalonia, thus we also go on tour when it is raining. Please, bring a rain jacket or rain poncho. In case you do not enjoy the tour in the rain or there are really bad weather conditions, we can arrange an alternative schedule.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.