Horse Riding in Shamsi Gorge
Spend an unforgettable day in the Shamsi gorge.
Riding a horse you will be able to experience the Kyrgyz culture and their life, you will see the nature of Kyrgyzstan and the semi-nomadic people living in the mountains.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Burana Tower
- Entry/Admission - Shamsi Gorge
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Burana Tower, Don-Aryk, Tokmok 722201 Kyrgyzstan
We invite you to experience horse riding in the mountain of Kyrgyzstan - Shamsi Gorge.
The tour starts with the visit to Burana Tower. The Burana tower - today is the heritage of UNESCO and Kyrgyzstan as one of the Great Silk Road sight. Burana itself is a tower-minaret, was built in the 10th-12th centuries under the Karakhanids. You will have an unforgettable excursion in the entire complex territory, visiting the museum and a panoramic view from the Tower itself. Concerning the tower, you will also learn some legends regarding the meaning of the symbols on the walls and stone monuments around the area. In addition to the tower, you will also be able to see the balbals (stone gravers) that are located around and were created by the ancient Turkic tribes. This whole trip around the territory will help you to move into the atmosphere of the 12th century and see firsthand the most ancient artefacts.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shamsi Gorge, Bishkek Kyrgyzstan
After that you will drive toward Shamsi gorge to start long-awaited horse riding experience.
The beginning of the equestrian crossing, your goal - “house of Sheikh” through Shamsi gorge which is located 120 kilometres from the city of Bishkek. Steep and narrow slopes covered with centuries-old thickets of pines and Tien-Shan spruce. High subalpine meadows on the northern and western slopes, and river Shamsi carrying its stormy waters on the bottom of a deep gorge. You will ride your horse with the guide helping you navigating. Arrive at “House of Sheikh”, have lunch (picnic), and then return the same way back to the car. Transfer back to Bishkek
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Bishkek Park, 148 Киевская Бишкек, Bishkek 720001, Kyrgyzstan
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The price mentioned for a person in group of 2 people
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- For an individual tour you need an extra charge of $ 30
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.