Hop-On Hop-Off with Wine and Local Food Tasting: Small Group Shorex from Koper
Experience Slovenia trough the sightseeing and the taste of local wines and cousine.
All at your own pace. You just Hop on and Hop off within the given time schedule that is always optimized according to your ship times.
This is small group experience for up to maximum15 persons per vehicle.
Definitelly one of the best ways to experience Slovenia at its best with passionate locals.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Koper cruise port pickup and drop-off optimized according to your ship times
- All transportation in up to date comfortable air conditioned car/ passenger van for up to 7 persons
- English speaking drivers
- 5+1 Samples of typical local wines
- A plate consisting of 3 different typical local dihes (may be seafood, meat or combination of both)
- Basic insurance
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Koper, Koper, Slovenian Istria, Slovenian Littoral Region
We will meet at the cruise terminal and after the greet Hop-On to one of our comfortable, airconditioned and up to date 9 seater minivans or 18 seater mini bus and head directly to the oldest and most beautiful town of Piran.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Izola, Izola, Slovenian Istria, Slovenian Littoral Region
On our way trough picturesque Slovenian coastal area we will drive trough Izola which is traditional small fishemans town. Above the town we will stop at "bellevedere" which means beautifull view for a short photostop with introduction to local geography.
Stop At: Piran, Piran, Slovenian Istria, Slovenian Littoral Region
As we arrive to Piran you will be able to Hop-Off in the heart of this oldest Slovenian town. The biggest impact on the town was Venetian. So the architecture of the town is completely Venetian with a big advantage over Venice in terms that Piran is much smaller and way less crowed. This way you will have an oportunity to really experience it the way it deserves to be experienced. You can stay in Piran as long as you like and explore this little hidden gem on your own and at your own pace. After the culinary introduction to our country with a proper tasting of local cousine you can Hop-on again at any of the times avaliable for that day and head to your next stop at the winery to see and taste why Slovenian wines are in a company of the best wines in the world.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Piran, Piran, Slovenian Istria, Slovenian Littoral Region
After you will done with exploring this amazing little town and will become a little hungry it will be time to see and taste what this region has to offer trough its cousine. After all we are becoming Europes Gastonomy Region in 2021. And there is a reason for that.
So at a local authentic family run traditional Slovenian guesthouse you will be greeted from the owner and served with one portion plate that consist of 3 local dishes that really reflect the "taste of the region". The host will explain and introduce how cousine in this region was influenced from our surrounding neighbour countries, cultures and climate trough the history so nowday is recognised as by far best in a wider region.
This food tasting will last approx 20 minutes alltogether. A serving of food is medium size which means that it can serve as a main course meal rather than just a small bite.
You will as well be served with a glass of local indigenous wine.
After the food tasting you will Hop-On again and head toward our next stop at a local winery to finaly see and find out if Slovenian wines are really one of the best in the world and if yes why is that so.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Portoroz, Portoroz, Slovenian Littoral Region
After we meet again and head toward our next and final stop at the local winery we will drive trough the resort town of Portorose. The name of town means "port of roses".
A few hundred years ago this town for this area was as it is Monaco for french riviera.
Nowdays is more of a big tourist resort with casinos and bog hotels. We will pass by the oldest and most prestigious hotel in Slovenia named " The Old Palace". On the way you will be able to relax and enjoy a beautifull scenery of Slovenian coastla area.
Stop At: Dekani, Dekani, Slovenian Littoral Region
After a nice and relaxing ride back from Piran you will be able to Hop- Off again at a local winery near Koper.
At the winery you will be greeted by a host that will take you inside and introduce you to Slovenian tradition of wine making that goes on for centuries. You will learn what makes our wines so special. At the tasting you will be served with 5 samples of typical regional types of wine. The ammount of wine served at tasting is 5 real samples which is approx 14 US unit ounce or almost 2 full cups.
At the winery you will be able to purchase some wine to take home or back to the ship. If you will love to do some more "extra" tasting that can easily be done with some extra charge (up to 5 eur per person) at the winery.
After the wine tasting you will Hop-On once again and be taken back to your ship where you will arrive early enough that you will still be able to explore the old town of Koper.
This is definitely one of the best ways to experience Slovenia.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Koper, Koper, Slovenian Istria, Slovenian Littoral Region
As we bring you back to Koper you will be able to decide whether you will Hop-Off in the old town of Koper and then walk back to your ship (10 min) or we take you directly to your ship.
This is definitelly one of the best ways to really experience our beautiful country in the best possible way. And that is within a small group, at your own pace and trough the taste of local wine and food.
Warm welcome to sLOVEnia
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available from the Cruise ship terminal in Koper.You will receive exact optimized details of Hop on times according to your ship 1 week before the experience as we receive the final update for ship times from port authorities.If not otherwise agreed the return location is the same as pickup location.Ports
- Koper Cathedral, Titov trg, 6000 Koper - Capodistria, Slovenia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Safety for our staff and costumers has always been our Nr1 priority. And so is now in these "changed" times. Please stay reassured that our safety measures are always100% up to date according to highest travel industry standards. But we also use "common sense" and we deliver 100% experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.