Hong Kong's Trendiest Neighbourhood Sheung Wan
Hong Kong is an exciting and intoxicating blend of cultures, cuisines and traditions, and there’s no better neighbourhood to experience this than Sheung Wan! Laid back and authentic, you’ll experience a taste of the real Hong Kong as you explore the winding streets of this old district with a local. This area is a melting pot of traditional Chinese medicine shops and markets, British influenced architecture and trendy stores, as well as hipster bars sitting alongside classic local food markets. Immerse yourself in the city’s trendiest neighbourhood, and see how the Hong Kong’s traditional heritage and history combine with modern influences, Western and Chinese culture to create a neighbourhood that locals love!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised itinerary
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- Join a like-minded Local Host to get a taste of the real Hong Kong in one of the city’s oldest neighbourhoods. Stroll through the streets of this eclectic area, and soak up the blend of traditional and contemporary influences that the neighbourhood is renowned for. Explore Dried Seafood Street and Medicine Street, browsing the traditional Chinese medicine specialty seafood shops where local residents come to shop. Wander through the British influenced market hall before hunting for antique curios in Antique Street and picking up something delicious to eat in one of the city’s oldest food markets. Visit beautiful temples and see how this district perfectly blends the city’s traditional heritage and contemporary Chinese culture. Get to know your Local Host, who can give you tips and tricks and suggest for other neighbourhoods in the city to explore.
Departure Point :Hong Kong
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the area. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/17/2019 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, tastes and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.