Hong Kong Shore Excursion: Old Town Central District Walking Tour
While you're in port in Hong Kong, explore the central district – Sheung Wan – on a three-hour guided walking tour. See where past and the present converge in this well-preserved area, enjoying a glimpse of Hong Kong’s heritage and experiencing its authentic present-day lifestyle. Follow a knowledgeable local guide through the streets of Sheung Wan – a world of art galleries, old temples and specialty shops. Your shore excursion includes a ride on a traditional tram and a sampling of delicious Hong Kong treats.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Local English-speaking guide
- Milk tea and local pastry at Cha Chaan Teng
- Ride on local tram
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Central and Western District, Hong Kong China
Your guide meets you at your cruise ship's dock and takes you to your first destination, a tram from the early 1900s. Step on board to ride the tram and imagine the Hong Kong of last century. Then disembark at Sheung Wan and being your walking tour on Bonham Road. Check out street vendors that sell dried squid and other seafood, then wander over to Cat Street where you can find bargains at the many galleries and antique shops. Make your way to Hollywood Road to peruse shops that carry historical artifacts, Chinese furniture and porcelain wares. Then stop in the largest Man Mo Temple in Hong Kong, decorated with large incense spirals hanging from the ceilings and images of Chinese deities. Leaving the temple, check out a feat of engineering: the world’s longest covered escalator — the Central Escalator, which measures 2,500 feet (800 meters) long and transports people around hilly Hong Kong. Experience one of Hong Kong’s oldest food markets selling delicious Southeast Asian fruits such as rambutan, mangosteen or durian, then head into Cha Chaan Teng, a cafe that serves up tasty traditional Chinese pastries and Hong Kong style milk tea. Your authentic experience of Hong Kong winds down as your guide escorts you back to your ship.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Departs from Hong Kong cruise ports: Ocean Terminal, Kai Tak Cruise TerminalOcean Terminal, meet your guide in front of the Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel, which is connected to the terminal via the same shopping complex and a 3-minute walk. Once docked, your cruise ship's head will be pointing to the back entrance of the hotel.Kai Tak Cruise Terminal, please meet our guide at Private Transportation Meeting Point, 1st Floor.Return point: Returns to original departure pointPorts
- Kai Tak Cruise Terminal
- Ocean Cruise Terminal
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 6 passengers to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note that a moderate amount of walking is involved. Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please note: If you are docking at Ocean Terminal, meet your guide in front of the Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel, which is connected to the terminal via the same shopping complex and a 3-minute walk. Once docked, your cruise ship's head will be pointing to the back entrance of the hotel.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All travellers are required to wear their masks throughout the tour. Social distancing measures will be followed as per local government's advice.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.