Home-hosted meal in the slopes of mount Belasica - day trip from Skopje
One of the most beautiful picturesque places in the eastern part of Macedonia is the slopes of Belasica mountain. In this tour, we will visit the Smolare waterfall (the tollest in Macedonia) and the nearby small village of Gabrovo for a special home-hosted meal. The friendly hosts will prepare a local dish made out of fresh local ingredients. Enjoy!
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel in Skopje
- All transfers with a comfortable A/C car/minivan
- Experienced English-speaking guide/driver for the entire tour
- Home-hosted meal in the village of Gabrovo
- Entry/Admission - Gabrovo Waterfall
What's excluded :
- Everything else not mentioned as included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monastery of St Leontius, Vodoca, Strumica Republic of North Macedonia
Vodocha Monastery is located in the village of Vodocha, 4 km from the city of Strumica. St. Leontius church complex is composed of three churches, East, West, and Middle. The church was built on the foundations of an early Christian basilica originating from the 5th and 6th century and the marble decorative plastic is preserved as a witness describing this important epoch of Christianity.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Monastery of the Most Holy Theotokos Eleusa, Veljusa, Strumica Republic of North Macedonia
Veljusa Monastery is located in the village having the same name as the monastery, 7 km from the city of Strumica. It is one of the most valuable symbols of orthodoxy in the Republic of Macedonia. The exceptional church is dedicated to the Holy Mother of God Eleusa, meaning “showing mercy”. It abounds with remarkable frescoes originating from two periods, from the foundation of the church in 1080 and the 12th century as well. Among them, the one of a kind fresco is showing Jesus Christ Emanuel as a twelve-year-old child.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Smolare Falls, Novo Selo, Smolari Republic of North Macedonia
Smolare Waterfall is located deep into the Belasica Mountain on an elevation of 630 meters. Its name originates from the name of the village named Smolare in the southeastern part of the country. It is the tallest waterfall in Macedonia, part of the Lomnica River, where the water falls from 39.5 meters.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gabrovo Waterfall, Right Across the Village of Gabrovo, Strumica Republic of North Macedonia
Gabrovo village is a village with a magnificent and impressive environment where you can escape into the wild nature of the mysterious Belasica mountain. The symbol of the village is the waterfall where you can find your peace for the soul only by listening to the cold water flowing. After the waterfall visit, we will be heading to the home of our host, who is going to prepare a special meal just for us.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Strumica, Strumica, Southeastern Region
After our lunch in Gabrovo, we continue for a walk in the town of Strumica. The town under the Tzar towers is full of history, so your guide will be sharing some of the stories while you make a coffee break. After a short walk in the town center, we continue our way back to Skopje.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Skopje, North Macedonia
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel or any other location in Skopje
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour does not operate in extreme weather conditions, you will be offered a date change if that happens
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are constantly following the WHO recommendations and guidelines and are implementing all the necessary precautions for ensuring the health and safety for our travelers and our staff, as well as all the other people involved in the experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.