Home-hosted lunch and Dihovo vilage tour from Ohrid
The wider surrounding of Ohrid abounds with small picturesque places and villages that can give you a beautiful natural experience. This is one of the tours that will show you the small village of Dihovo and reveal you the secret of the local home-hosted meals. You will be amazed by the views of both Lake Ohrid and Lake Prespa from the top of the Galicica National Park. The guide will make your private experience even better with local history and tales. Enjoy!
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel in Ohrid
- All transfers with a comfortable A/C car/minivan
- Experienced English-speaking guide/driver for the entire tour
- Lunch - Home-hosted lunch in the village Dihovo
What's excluded :
- Any additional food and drinks
- Entrance fees - optional (approx. 2 EUR per person, per site)
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - National Park Galicica
- Entry/Admission - Heraclea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Park Galicica, Ohrid Republic of North Macedonia
After picking you up, we are heading to the National park and mountain of Galitchitsa to admire nature from a few viewpoints in the mountain. On the other side of the National park, we will have another stop to capture the view of Lake Prespa rich with hundreds of species of birds. Pelicans and cormorants are some of them
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Dihovo, Dihovo, Pelagonia Region
We drive onward to Dihovo, a small village sitting in the foothills of Mountain Baba and Pelister National Park. A local Guest House Dihovo will be our host for lunch. The Guest House is a member of the Slow Food organization for healthy food and produces home-made wine, brandy, and beer as well as home-made organic food. Our lunch will consist of a variety of home-cooked Macedonian specialties, made with fruits and vegetables coming from their private gardens, followed by domestic brandy and wine in wooden barrels, as well as a range of homebrewed beers.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Heraclea, 41. 011036, 21. 342487, Bitola 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
Continue to Bitola, arriving by mid-afternoon. Relax in one of the city’s many cafes, explore the stalls of the Old Bazaar or choose to take a guided tour of the ancient town and archaeological site of Heraclea Lyncestis, located on the outskirts of Bitola. Heraclea was founded by Philip II of Macedonia in the fourth century BC after he had conquered the surrounding region of Lyncestis. The city was named in honor of the mythological hero Heracles, whom Philip considered his ancestor. Drive back to Ohrid at the end of the day.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Ohrid, North Macedonia
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel or any other location in Ohrid
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are constantly following the WHO recommendations and guidelines and are implementing all the necessary precautions for ensuring the health and safety for our travelers and our staff, as well as all the people involved in the experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.