Home-Cooked St. Petersburg and Market Tour
Discover authentic Russian culture on this food tour that takes you from the oldest market through to a modern residential neighbourhood — where you’ll be welcomed into a local’s home for dinner! Dig into a traditional home cooked meal of authentic Russian dishes and chat with your hosts about local life. This is the best (and tastiest!) way to uncover the real St. Petersburg and Russian people.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Dinner and drinks at a local home
- One-way metro ticket for use during the tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks in the market
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Transportation to/from the meeting and end points
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Petersburg Urban Adventures, 19, Canal Griboedova metro Nevsky prospect, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
St. Petersburg has drastically changed over the years, from Imperial Russia through to the Soviet power and onto today’s modern area. But despite all those changes, one thing has stayed the same: the food! On this tour, you’ll learn about the culinary traditions before digging into an authentic home cooked meal in a local home. Once you meet your local St. Petersburg guide, we’ll head off to explore the oldest food market in St. Petersburg. Here you’ll get your first lesson in Russian food culture as you browse the variety of local products on sale. Ever heard of salo? Well, it’s pork fat, and trust us, it’s one of the tastiest treats in the Russian diet. (Note that any snacks you want to try in the market, including salo, are not included in the tour price.)
From there, we'll use the metro to head into a modern residential quarter, where we’ll visit with hospitable St. Petersburg locals in their own home. St. Petersburg locals in their own home. We’ll share a traditional dinner, plus tastings of vodka, kvass (a fermented rye-based beverage) and birch juice (a soft drink). If any of the dishes have your taste buds wanting more, don’t worry — we’ll send you home with recipes of the dishes so you can recreate them for your friends and family.
On this tour, you’ll learn about the culinary traditions before digging into an authentic home-cooked meal in a local home.
Departure Point :Sennaya ploschad', Sennaya Square, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- This tour can be customised to accommodate vegetarians and other dietary requirements. Please notify us at the time of booking if you have any dietary restrictions.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.