Home based Cooking and Dining Experience with a Local in Mumbai
With the help of your local host, you will get a glimpse into the life of an Indian family. Your host will teach you to cook 2-3 Indian dishes after which you can replicate back at home. Post the fun cooking session gorge on the scrumptious meal with the host and their family. Feel free to ask any questions you have on the cuisine and culture of the city!
per adult from
What's included :
- Cooking Class
What's excluded :
- Pick up and Drop off
- The best way to learn more about Indian cuisine and culture would be to interact with locals. While in Mumbai, join an Indian family for an authentic cook and dine experience. Meet your host Sheetal at her beautiful home in Khar, Mumbai. She will greet you with a warm smile and welcome you with a refreshing drink. You can then head to the kitchen where Sheetal will teach you a few Indian dishes like Paneer Makhanwala where chunks of cottage cheese are cooked in a creamy onion-tomato gravy. You can also try your hand in making Stuffed Kulchas which is a soft Indian bread stuffed with seasonal vegetables. Feel free to ask Sheetal any queries you have regarding the cuisine or the ingredients that are used.
Following the cooking class you can head to the dining area and enjoy the scrumptious feast with Sheetal and her family. Try out dishes like Dahi Wada (lentil dumplings in yogurt, spiced with chutneys), Punjabi Channa (Chickpea curry), Wadiwade Chawal (A rice dish prepared using spicy sun-dried lentil dumplings) and much more!
Please Note: this is not a professional cooking class, but an opportunity to interact with a local family and learn the tips and tricks of Indian cooking.
• MASALA CHAAS / LASSI - Masala chaas is the perfect way to cool off during summers whereas Lassi is a popular traditional yogurt-based drink
• DAHI WADA - A North-Indian snack made of lentil dumplings in yogurt, spiced with chutneys and spice powders
• PUNJABI CHANNA - Chickpeas curry
• PANEER MAKHANWALA - Chunks of cottage cheese cooked in creamy onion tomato gravy
• STUFFED KULCHAS - Soft and fluffy Indian leavened bread which is made stuffed with seasonal vegetables
• WADIWALE CHAWAL - A rice dish prepared just like any pulao using wadis (spicy sun-dried lentil dumplings) which are sourced from Punjab
• PHIRNI - A traditional Indian rice pudding
Departure Point :Dandpada, Sai Baba Nagar, Khar West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400052, India
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.