Hollywood Legends: A self-guided audio tour of the Sunset Strip
The Sunset Strip is a legendary part of Tinseltown’s glamour scene. In under a century, this street went from an unpaved road in an unpopulated, unincorporated town to an artery at the centre of the modern-day entertainment and music business. Join us on a self-guided audio tour that brings its history to life on a walk along Sunset Boulevard between Beverly Hills and Hollywood.
Highlights include visits to iconic places such as:
• The restaurant where Marilyn Monroe went on her first blind date with Joe DiMaggio
• The nightclub where Frank Sinatra made his debut as a solo act
• The "Hotel to the Stars” that was home to Robert DeNiro, Keanu Reeves, Scarlet Johansson, Leonardo DiCaprio and Matthew McConaughey
• The nightclub where Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz filmed their Tropicana nightclub act for the “I Love Lucy” show
• The former grocery store that Johnny Depp bought and converted to a popular nightclub and where Joaquin Phoenix’s brother, River Phoenix, died
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: The Standard, Hollywood, 8300 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069, USA
The tour passes by The Standard hotel where you'll hear about some of its famous guests.
Pass By: Sunset Tower Hotel, 8358 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90069, USA
The tour passes by the Sunset Tower hotel where you'll hear about some of its famous guests.
Pass By: Pendry Hotel and Residences, 8430 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069, USA
The tour passes by the Pendry Hotel and Residences where you'll hear about some of its famous guests.
Pass By: Mutato Muzika, 8760 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90069, USA
The tour passes by Mutato Muzika.
Pass By: The Viper Room, 8852 Sunset Blvd. at Laherty, West Hollywood, CA 90069
You'll pass by The Viper Room and discover some of its history and its connection to actor Johnny Depp.
Pass By: Rainbow Bar and Grill, 9015 W Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069-1818
Another brief stop on this tour is the Rainbow Bar & Grill.
Pass By: The Roxy Theatre, 9009 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069, USA
You'll briefly stop at The Roxy Theatre and discover its connection to young Hollywood of old.
Pass By: Whiskey-a-Go-Go, 8901 Sunset Blvd. at San Vicente, West Hollywood, CA 90069
The tour briefly passes the Whisky a Go Go
Pass By: Mels Drive-In, 8585 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069, USA
The tour pass by Mels Drive-In
Pass By: Comedy Store, 8433 Sunset Blvd. at East La Cienega Ave., West Hollywood, CA
The tour passes by The Comedy Store where you'll learn about its history.
Pass By: Andaz West Hollywood - a concept by Hyatt, 8401 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069, USA
The tour passes by the Andaz West Hollywood - a concept by Hyatt
Pass By: Carney's Restaurant, 8351 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90069, USA
The tour passes Carney's Restaurant
Pass By: Pink Taco Sunset, 8225 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046, USA
The tour passes by the Pink Taco Sunset restaurant.
Pass By: Chateau Marmont, 8221 W Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046-2484
The tour passes the Chateau Marmont where you'll discover some of its famous guests.
Departure Point :8000 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/10/2020 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Crescent Heights / Sunset, Los Angeles, CA 90046, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour is near public transportation and is wheelchair/stroller accessible, although portions of the walk are narrow with impediments such as street lights, bus stops and construction zones. Most travelers can participate in the tour which is a private activity; only your group will participate.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.