Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus & Cascade Brewery Tour
Join the official sightseeing tour of Hobart bound for Australia's oldest brewery, Cascade Brewery. Hop-off and enjoy a thirst-quenching tour that explores the beer brewing process, heritage gardens and historic buildings, finishing with complimentary product tastings.
Hop back on the bus and experience stunning 360 degree views of Hobart from the top deck of our open-top double-decker buses. Stay onboard to complete the full 90 minute tour or hop-on, hop-off at any of the 20 convenient stops around the city. Informative commentary is available in 8 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish.
Red Decker Hop-On Hop-Off City Loop Ticket is valid for 48hrs. Allow 1.5 hours for the Cascade Brewery Tour and product tastings.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1.5-hour Cascade Brewery Tour + free beer tastings (English commentary)
- A free copy of Red Decker's The Official Sightseeing Guide to Hobart
- 48-hour hop-on hop-off city loop ticket
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Cascade Brewery
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Day 1: Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus + Cascade Brewery Tour
Pass By: Brooke Street Pier, Franklin Wharf, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
Optional hop-off at Brooke Street Pier bus stop.
• Brooke Street Pier is a floating structure, both a building and a boat, which rises and falls with the tide. It’s the departure point for the MONA ferry and Peppermint Bay cruise. Meet the makers of unique Tasmanian wares, plus cafés and restaurants with magnificent waterside views.
Pass By: Salamanca Market, Salamanca Place, Hobart, Tasmania 7001 Australia
Optional hop-off at Salamanca Place bus stop.
• Salamanca Place is where you’ll find Salamanca Market – Australia’s largest outdoor market. Held every Saturday, rain hail or shine.
• The row of 1840s Georgian sandstone warehouses have been converted into cafés, restaurants, bars, galleries and boutique retail stores. The perfect place to find a special hand-crafted gift or memento of your holiday.
Pass By: Wrest Point Casino, 410 Sandy Bay Rd, Hobart, Tasmania 7005 Australia
Optional hop-off at Wrest Point bus stop.
• Wrest Point is the perfect waterfront destination for a variety of restaurants, bars, live music and vibrant casino entertainment.
• Take a scenic walk following the harbours edge down south to Sandy Bay’s popular Long Beach (approx. 30-minutes one-way).
Stop At: Cascade Brewery, 131 Cascade Rd, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
Hop-off at Australia's oldest brewery, Cascade Brewery. Established in 1824, it is still producing Australia's oldest beer, Cascade Pale Ale. Your fully guided brewery tour will explore the brewing process, historic buildings and heritage gardens, finishing with complimentary product tastings.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Cascades Female Factory Historic Site, 16 Degraves St South Hobart, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
Optional hop-off at Female Factory bus stop.
• Discover the stories of Australia’s convict women and their children at Cascades Female Factory. Join a tour for a deeper insight into the history of the site and the lives of those imprisoned here. View displays and exhibitions in the Matron’s Quarters. Her Story is a depiction of the harsh life at the Female Factory.
• Take a relaxing stroll through Cascade Gardens to Cascade Brewhouse.
• A gentle downhill walk along Hobart Rivulet Walking Track into the city.
Pass By: Village Cinemas, 181 Collins St, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Optional hop-off at Village Cinema bus stop.
• Catch Hollywood blockbusters and great art-house films at Village Cinemas. Add a touch of luxury with selected films screening in Gold Class. There’s also plenty of fun to be had with laser tag and arcade games for all ages.
• A short walk to Centrepoint Shopping Centre and the retail stores that border the southern part of the CBD shopping precinct.
Pass By: Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Dunn Place, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Optional hop-off at Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery bus stop.
• Delve into Tasmania’s unique and fascinating history at the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery. Be sure to check out any current public talks, tours, school holiday programs and other fun family activities.
Pass By: Maritime Museum of Tasmania, Corner Davey & Argyle Streets Carnegie Building, Hobart, Tasmania 7001 Australia
Optional hop-off at Maritime Museum bus stop.
• Delve into Tasmania’s unique and fascinating history at the Maritime Museum of Tasmania. Be sure to check out any current public talks, tours, school holiday programs and other fun family activities.
Pass By: Hobart Convict Penitentiary, 6 Brisbane St, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Optional hop-off at Hobart Convict Penitentiary bus stop.
• One of Australia’s most significant historic convict precincts, the Hobart Convict Penitentiary was built in the 1830s for the growing number of convicts arriving in the colony. Book in for a viewing of Pandemonium – The Convict Film Experience to explore the journey of Tasmania’s convict ancestors. Or visit after-hours for a thrilling ghost tour. Bookings essential.
Pass By: The Hobart Aquatic Centre, 1 Davies Avenue, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Optional hop-off at Aquatic Centre bus stop.
• Enjoy the Olympic size swimming pool, leisure pools, water slide, spa, sauna, steam room, gym and fitness classes at the Doone Kennedy Hobart Aquatic Centre.
• Admire 40 different rose varieties at the University Rose Gardens.
• Explore the open space of the Queens Domain, including Hobart Cenotaph and Soldiers Memorial Avenue.
Pass By: Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Lower Domain Road Queens Domain, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Optional hop-off at Botanical Gardens bus stop.
• The Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens are Australia’s premier cool climate garden. Stroll through 14 hectares of unique collections including the Japanese Garden and historic Conservatory. Visit the Lily Pond and Community Food Garden or the world’s only Subantarctic Plant House. Enjoy a meal with great views at Succulent Restaurant and have a browse in the Botanical Shop.
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Day 2: Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
Pass By: Hobart, Hobart, Greater Hobart, Tasmania
Rejoin the Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus for another day of sightseeing in and around Hobart.
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, Information Hub, Elizabeth St, Hobart TAS 7000 Tour operator pick ups: Corner of Elizabeth and, 20 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All Cascade Brewery Tour guests must be over the age of 16 years.
- Due to occupational health and safety reasons it is a requirement that fully enclosed shoes must be worn on the Cascade Brewery Tour.
- All Cascade Brewery Tour guests must be willing and able to climb 100 stairs, and walk 1.5kms unassisted by a walking aid.
- Alcoholic beverages are not to be consumed prior to the Cascade Brewery Tour.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- What you can do: Please observe directions from staff at all times. If you are feeling unwell, please do not board the bus. Clean your hands before and after you travel. Avoid touching surfaces inside the bus whenever you can. Do not consume food and drinks on board the bus.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.