Historical Niah National Park Day Trip from Miri
Niah National Park's claim to fame is its role as one of the birthplaces of civilization. Take a boat ride and forest walk with your guide, then step inside the Niah Caves. See one of the world's most significant archaeological sites, where the oldest remains of Homo sapiens in Southeast Asia were discovered. Lunch and round-trip hotel transport from Miri are provided on this full-day tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Local lunch at a park cafe
- Boat ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
What's excluded :
- Surcharge for pickup and drop-off at Miri Airport
- Camera fee (if applicable, pay directly at venue)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Niah National Park, Miri 98000 Malaysia
The drive to Niah National Park will take you about 90 minutes. Upon arrival reqister at the park HQ. Hence by boat across Niah river to the museum follow by an hour plank walk to the caves entrance. This entrance was call The Great Caves. The Niah National Park, Sarawak is the site of the Niah Caves, one of the largest limestone caves in the world. The Park covers 3,102 hectares (7,756 acres) of forest and limestone. The peak of Gunung Subis, which is 394 meters high (1,294 ft), dominates the landscape.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Gua Niah, Miri Malaysia
Explore the vastness of the Great Cave, where archaeologists have discovered evidence of man's existence in Borneo dating as far back as 40,000 years ago. On display are the skull of a young Homo Sapien, some tools made out of stone, bone and iron, and cave drawings. Anthropologists established that the Niahan lived in the Caves from 40000 BC right up to 1400 AD. As more than half the park is covered with limestone, limestone vegetation is the most common variety of plant life. The families of Balsaminaceae and Begoniaceae are commonly seen at the entrance of the Traders' and West Mouth Caves. Peat swamp and mixed dipterocarp can also be found in the Niah. En route to park canteen for lunch. Return to Miri hotel or airport.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from hotels not located within Miri City, available with surcharge.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A lot of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Sightings of wildlife are not guaranteed
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.