Historical Dubai City Tour
Dubai is defined by futuristic cityscapes, but it’s also home to traditional old quarters. This 4-hour tour spotlights the Dubai of old, with time in the historical Al Fahidi district, Dubai Museum, Gold and Spice souks, and more. An ‘abra’ boat ride across Dubai Creek and photo stops at modern landmarks including the Burj Al Arab add extra, interesting touches. Minivan transport and hotel pickup and drop-off are part of the tour.
• 4-hour tour of historical Dubai
• See the old Al Fahidi quarter of wind tower houses and courtyards
• Visit Dubai Museum to chart the city’s history from ancient times
• Cross Dubai Creek by wooden 'abra' and explore the Spice Souk, Gold Souk, and Heritage Village
• Stop for photos of modern Dubai landmarks including the Burj Al Arab
• Dubai Museum and Al Fahidi entrance fees, air-conditioned minivan transport, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Dubai hotels
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- 4-hour tour of historical Dubai
- See the old Al Fahidi quarter of wind tower houses and courtyards
- Visit Dubai Museum to chart the city’s history from ancient times
- Stop for photos of modern Dubai landmarks including the Burj Al Arab
What's excluded :
- Meals & drinks unless specified
- Entrance to Burj Al Arab
- After hotel pickup in Dubai, settle inside your air-conditioned minivan and set off on your 4-hour tour of old Dubai. As you travel, hear about Dubai’s history, learning how and why it has grown from a small fishing and trading port to the dynamic metropolis of today. Hear about the 19th-century merchants who came here to trade pearls and other goods, and explore the area where they settled: the old districts of Al Fahidi and Al Bastakiya.
See the restored wind tower houses and narrow lanes, and visit Dubai Museum, housed in the 18th-century Al Fahidi fort. Trace Dubai’s history through the displays, and continue to Dubai Creek, the natural waterway winding through Deira and Bur Dubai.
Admire the cityscapes as you cross by wooden abra water taxi, and stroll and shop for souvenirs at Deira’s traditional Spice and Gold souks.
Call at Dubai Heritage Village to explore the replica old houses and learn about bygone life in the city, and then drive into modern Dubai.
Pass through Jumeirah, and take photos of the sail-shaped Burj Al Arab and Jumeirah Beach as your guide reveals more about these and other local landmarks.
Your tour concludes with a hotel drop-off.
Departure Point :Daily
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The National Museum of Dubai is closed only on Fridays before 15h00hrs
- Children below 3 years are free of charge
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.