Historical Day trip to Ouarzazate 'The Door of the Desert'
Visit the historical sites at the Moroccan Desert Door.
Take in the scenic contrasting views of the Atlas Mountains and the Sahara Desert.
See the largest film studio in the world where famous movies such as The Mummy and Game of Thrones have been filmed.
Enjoy traditional Moroccan tea with local Moroccans and learn about their stories.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Traditional Moroccan tea
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ouarzazate, Ouarzazate, Draa-Tafilalet
Enroute to the city of Ouarzazate we'll make a couple stops at some interesting sites.
Firstly, we'll take a quick stop at the Ait Ben Berka where you can take in the panoramic views of Marrakesh whilst enjoying traditional Moroccan tea or a coffee.
Continuing to Ouarzazate, we will be driving through the Tizi N Tichka mountain pass, where you will be taking in vast views from the Walnut groves and crystal mountain streams to the Atlas Mountain Peaks and the sandy Sahara desert.
Arriving in the modern yet traditional city of Ouarzazate, you'll visit the famous Atlas cinema studio, which measured by acres is the world's largest filming studio and have shot many famous movies and tv shows such as Game of Thrones, Prison Break and The Mummy.
After visiting the studios, your guide will take you for lunch before heading to visit the famous Kasbah Ait Benhaddou to learn more about Moroccan heritage and historical background of Ouarzazate City and the Atlas Mountains.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Jemaa el-Fna, Jamaâ El-Fna, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
Look for a guide holding a Meharee Morocco Tours SignPorts
- Marrakech Menara Airport, Ménara Massira 2 Bloc C Numéro 38, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.