Historic Heritage Tour of Santorini (Akrotiri)
Santorini was inhabited since 5th Millenium B.C. what makes it a wonderful and a unique sample of national and the world’s heritage.
Akrotiri is attracting people from all over the world giving an opportunity to admire the progress of civilization back at those days.
This tour also takes you to the times of pirates and the Venetian rule of the island.
The excavations of Akrotiri (Lost Atlantis) - Prehistoric Museum of Thira - village of Emborio - Perissa
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- local knowledgeable guide,
- local English speaking professional driver,
- comfortable, Mercedes A/C minivan.
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- entrance fees to the museums and sites,
- snacks, drinks or meal.
- Entry/Admission - Akrotiri Archaeological Site
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Prehistoric Thira
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Akrotiri Archaeological Site, Akrotiri 84700 Greece
Visit the excavations of Akrotiri known as probable Lost Atlantis location.Explore the Akrotiri Archaeological Site, a prehistoric Bronze Age city, frozen in time by ash that fell during the Minoan volcanic eruption 3600 years ago. Some speculate that this is the origin of the mythical city of Atlantis.
Admire the elaborate drainage system, sophisticated multi-storied buildings, magnificent wall painting, and excavated furniture and vessels that show the former settlement’s great prosperity.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museum of Prehistoric Thira, Mitropoleos, Fira 847 00 Greece
Visit the Prehistoric Museum of Thira to get the whole image of the town’s life 3600 years ago.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Emporio 847 03, Greece
Visit the village of Emborio with the best preserved Venetian castle and amazing traditional architecture.
The village of Emporio is the largest village on the Greek island of Santorini. You can look at the historic windmills that have an excellent view of the rest of the island. On the hill above the village Emborio, you will discover both the ruins of Kasteli, a fortress from the Byzantine period and the ruins of Goulas.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Perissa, Perissa, Santorini, Cyclades, South Aegean
See the ruins of the church in Perissa that gave the name to the island.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :1: Santorini, Santorini, Cyclades, South Aegean
2: Santorini Best Tours, Karterados Thiras PO 310, Santorini 847 00, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
You may ask to be picked up from any location on Santorini.Airports
- Santorini Airport, Greece
- Όρμος Αθηνιού Θήρας, Órmos Athiniós, Greece
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Pick up point: hotel, cable car exit, port, airport, helipad.
- If your are a cruise traveler:
- Disembarkation for individual cruise passengers takes place in Santorini by tender boats arriving exclusively at the old port of Fira.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.