Hingula Village Tour
Get out into the Sri Lankan countryside to see what life is like in more rural parts of the island with this tour from Kandy. You'll learn how to harvest coconuts, take an oxen cart ride, spend time at a local temple, and learn how to prepare a typical Sri Lankan meal, wrapping your excursion up with the chance to cool off in a natural pool.
per adult from
What's included :
- Authentic Sri Lankan Village Food.
- Local guide.
- Oxen cart ride.
- Pickup & Drop from Hingula Junction (by Tuk Tuk)
What's excluded :
- Additional Food and Drinks.
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
- Gratuities (optional).
- To get to the village you will be riding a tuk tuk approximately 12km into the countryside. Your cabby will be taking you down narrow village lanes past rubber plantations, coconut plantations and paddy fields. The final stretch to the village can only be traversed by foot, an off-roading bike or an oxen cart. A cart will be awaiting you. After trundling across uneven trails for 10 minutes, you will reach the village.
Once you get there you will find many thatched clay huts and farming villagers. They will treat you to a welcome drink of coconut or king coconut water. Then you will be taken to see the villagers harvest coconuts by climbing up the tall smooth trees.
Next you will be taken to a villager’s home, where you can experience a village style cooking experience. The experience will include a hands-on demonstration of coconut scraping, grinding flour using a traditional millstone, roti making, and grinding spicy pol symbol on a traditional grinding stone.
On completing the lesson, you can enjoy your meal in the shade of the hut, watching village life pass you by. Then your guide will take you to a natural pool for a short dip to cool down.
• Hingula, Hingula, Sabaragamuwa Province
• sambola - Sambola
Departure Point :Hingula, Sri Lanka
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.