Hiking Tour to Meteora from Kalambaka
Discover the paths of the first monks with a Certified Hiking Guide and see this unique geological phenomenon walking at its heart visiting also 1 or 2 main monasteries in an amazing hiking experience in Meteora.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Experienced , Local Hiking Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Visit inside the most popular monastery
- Best stops for panoramic views and photos
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees in Monasteries (3 euro each)
- Guide inside the monasteries
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Great Meteoron Monastery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Meteora, Meteora, Trikala Region, Thessaly
Go hiking in Meteora and you’ll experience a unique convergence of nature and spirituality unlike anyplace else in Greece. Discover the paths of the first monks and see this unique geological phenomenon walking at its heart. Hiking in Meteora gives you the opportunity to see the monasteries and landscape from an entirely new perspective. The views of Kalampaka and the Meteora valley throughout the walk are simply stunning. Have also the chance to visit inside 1 monastery (Great Meteoron or Varlaam).
Our Professional Hiking Guide will be with you to give you all the information you need about the area.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Great Meteoron Monastery, Eparhiacos dromos Meteoron, Kalambaka 42200 Greece
The Great Meteoron , also known as the Holy Monastery of the Metamorfossis (Transfiguration of Christ), is a male monastery and is the oldest and largest of all the monasteries of Meteora. You will visit this monastery inside the days that is open , otherwise you will visit Varlaam or St Nikolas.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Meteora Thrones - Travel Center, Trikalon 28, Kalampaka 422 00, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Important info : Sleeveless clothing and shorts over the knee for men are not allowed to enter the monasteries , also ladies skirts below the knee are required. Please be prepared in order to enter the monasteries since the monasteries will not provide them.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.