Hiking tour of Komani Lake, Valbona Valley & Theth in three days
According to Bradt Travel Guides, the Komani Lake journey is described as “one of the World’s greatest boat trips”. The tour to Koman Lake, Valbona and Theth is a special interest hiking tour program exclusively designed to offer participants the best combination of pristine wild nature, unforgettable ferry ride through the heart of the Albanian Alps, local folklore and traditions. During these three days you will be able to visit most of the attractions of Northern Albania, combining a variety of exciting outdoor activities with plenty of time to soak up the local culture.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- BB (Accommodation and Breakfast) for two overnights
- Professional tour guide
- Hotel pick up in Tirana
- Hotel drop off in Tirana
- Transport provided by the company from Tirana to Vau I Dejes
- Local transport for bumpy road from Vau I Dejes to Komani Lake
- Ferry ticket Komani Lake to Fierza Dam
- Local transport for bumpy road from Fierza to Valbona
- Local transport for bumpy road from Theth to Shkoder
- Transport provided by the company from Shkoder to Tirana
- Road taxes
- Tourist taxes
- Entry/Admission - Komani Lake
- Entry/Admission - Valbona Valley National Park
- Entry/Admission - Grunasi Waterfall
What's excluded :
- Lunches, Dinners, Drinks & Snacks
- Personal spending
- Everything that is not mentioned in the included
- * Tips are not a must in Albania or the Balkans
- However, our recommendation is to tip the tour guide/driver 5 - 6 Euros per day/person
- as an international practice to tip good service.
- * Please note that prices are calculated on triple or quadruples room occupancy.
- Double or single room occupancy is possible on extra charge.
- The Triple/Quadruple room occupancy means you might share the room with other travellers
- and/or the tour guide (whom could be males or females).
- Double room occupancy is possible on 10 Euros extra charge per night per person.
- Single room occupancy is possible on 20 Euros extra charge per night per person.
Day 1: Tirana – Komani Lake – Valbona Valley National Park
Pass By: Choose Balkans, Rruga Reshit Collaku Shk. 7, Kat. 1, Ap. 1, Tirana 1000 Albania
Our journey towards Komani Lake begins early in the morning at 05:00 am.
Stop At: Vau i Dejes, Vau i Dejes, Shkoder, Shkoder County
Our tour guide will come and pick you up at your hotel in Tirana. As we take the turn from the main road to Vau i Dejës, the area becomes more rural with fewer cars but more wild nature and amazing landscapes. We will stop for a short break by Vau i Dejes Lake, a beautiful and tranquil setting, and from here on we will experience local transport over bumpy roads but with a great view.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Komani Lake, Koman Albania
At 09:00 we get on a ferry that will take us through Komani Lake offering spectacular views of the Albanian Alps, waterfalls, rural villages and wild forests. It is considered by many as an exotic experience combined with the unmatched hospitality of the locals.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Valbona Valley National Park, Valbona Albania
Our next destination will be Valbona Valley National Park. We will arrive in Valbona around 13:00 and after a delicious traditional lunch (lunch break will be around noon on all three days of the tour), we explore the area and admire the so-called Crown of the Albanian Alps.
Duration: 4 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight in a guesthouse in Valbona.
Day 2: Valbona Valley - Valbona Pass – Theth
Stop At: Valbona Pass, Rruga Azem Hajdari, Bajram Curri Albania
Trekking to Theth from Valbona will be an intense day as the walk takes about 6 to 8 hours (about 1050m elevation) in a remote terrain, nevertheless unquestionably worthy! The Valbona pass to Theth offers a spectacular view of the Balkan Peaks and “Bjeshket e Nemuna”. When reaching the top of the Valbona Pass, you will experience a serious shot of adrenaline.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Theth, Theth, Shkoder County
On our descent to Theth, we will pass through some beautiful landscapes and wild forests.
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: Overnight in a guesthouse in Theth.
Day 3: Theth – Grunas Waterfall – Theth - Tirana
Stop At: Grunasi Waterfall, Theth Albania
We will enjoy our last traditional breakfast at the heart of the Albanian Alps. We will hike from Theth to Grunas Waterfall (about 1-hour hike one way). On our way back, we visit the old Church and the “Lock in” Tower (symbol of Theth) and its fascinating story in centuries. We will experience local transport riding through a steep sneaky hillside reaching up to 1700 meters at Qafa e Thores. They say this is the spot with the best picture – perfect view of the Albanian Alps.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Shkodra Lake, Shiroka, Shkoder Albania
The elaborated zig-zags road through the mountainous terrain smoothens down little by little taking us towards Shkodra Lake. Our driver will be waiting for us in Shkodra, taking us back to the modern and dynamic metropolitan capital city of Albania, Tirana, where we will arrive in the late afternoon. You will return home full of the wonders of Albania with a new sense of self excitement to share with those around you.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Choose Balkans - Albania Tour Operator, Rruga Reshit Çollaku, Tirana, Albania
Traveler pickup is offered
The tour departs from Choose Balkans office at Rr. Reshit Çollaku. On request (at least 12 hoursbefore tour departure) we can pick you up at 5:00 am from your hotel in Tirana free of charge.Airports
- Rinas Airport, Tirana Albania
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Please note that due to rapid changes of the pandemic worldwide, measures and governmental restrictions on travel safety might change.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.