Hiking Tour in Djalovica Gorge and Monastery of St. Nicholas in Podvrh
During the tour travelers have an experience in nature, meet a local people, but also visit historical side, monastery which dates from 17th century.
Unique feeling is also to walk by the river though forest.
All of your senses will wake up during the tour.
Thanks to the water of the river Bistrica, the first light was here, long before Bijelo Polje. This conditioned the appearance of the first radio and TV set, so people from Bijelo Polje were came here (to relatives, friends) to listen to the radio or watch TV. This was before World War II, but unfortunately during the war, the turbine was taken from the plant by the Italians. After the liberation, they were looking for a turbine, but in the meantime Bijelo Polje got electricity, so it was easier to get electricity from the city than to buy a new turbine.
The most important value of this region is the cave called Djalovica cave, which is hidden in the gorge, but will be open for tourist in few coming year.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch will be pic nic, local pie or brad, cheese&ham, vegetable, fruit and seet.
What's excluded :
- Individual cost, we reccommend some tips for monk or local people which offer tasting of cheese
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bijelo Polje, Bijelo Polje, Bijelo Polje Municipality
Monastery San Nikole, Podvrh, date from 17th century.
Canyon of Bistrica river
Meet a local people
Local food (taste a cheese and ,,rakija'')
After meeting in office we will take 15 minutes drive to Bistrica village, where will leave a car and start our hiking. The trail is round trip. At the middle of the tour is monastery, located in center of Djalovica gorde, beautiful natural treasure. The monastery is famous because an Iconostasis from this Monastery was on exhibition titled “Art on Yugoslavian Soil from Prehistory to Today” which was organised in Paris in 1971 and on that occasion it won first prize. Today, you can see the Ikonostas. In this monastery live just one monk.
River Bistrica makes a canyon is spectacular with very fast and clear water.
The second part of the trail is by the river, where you don't need to talk with anybody, because just will hear sound of the water and birds, which will wake up all of your senses.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Travel Agency Rams, 10 Slobode, Bijelo Polje 84000, Montenegro
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.