Hiking to Magaro peak from Ohrid
This is a medium to hard hiking tour to the highest peak on Galichica mountain. Magaro is 2245 m high. The view from the top of the hill over the two lakes is amazing. From here you can see both Lake Prespa and Lake Ohrid, and both Macedonia and Albania. If you are up for this challenging adventure, do not hesitate to book.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel or any other agreed starting point in Ohrid
- Transfer to the starting hiking point with a car/minivan
- Experienced English speaking mountain guide for the tour
- Bottle of water, snack bar
- Entrance fee in the National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, purchasable before departure
- Hiking equipment: comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, jacket, backpack and sunscreen
- Everything else not mentioned as included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ohrid, Ohrid, Southwestern Region
We will pick you up from your hotel or any other agreed staring point in Ohrid. With the vehicle (car or minivan, depending on the number of travelers) we will be transferring you to a place called Lipova Medow or Korita from where we will start our ascent to Magaro peak.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Magaro (2254m), North Macedonia
Everywhere you look you will witness an amazing view. From the top of the hill, you can see 2 lakes and 2 countries. You will see both Lake Prespa and Lake Ohrid, and you will see both Macedonia and Albania. The adrenalin rush will make you feel excited and full of energy instead of tired. After a good rest and having enough injected from this beauty we will start our descent to the Lipova Meadow for our return transfer to Ohrid
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Ohrid, North Macedonia
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel or any other location in Ohrid.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are constantly following the WHO recommendations and guidelines and are implementing all the necessary precautions for ensuring the health and safety for our travelers and our staff, as well as all the people involved in the experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.