Hiking the Inle Lake Trails to Kakku
Tucked deep in the Shan Hills, Kakku has kept its stupas hidden for years. Still, little traffic moves to this amazing place near Taunggyi, for reasons unexplained. Hiking through the low lands and into the hills to reach Kakku is the icing on the cake.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- Return boat transfers from and to the start of the hiking trip
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- A simple lunch at a local monastery (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Inle Lake
- Entry/Admission - Kakku Pagodas
- Entry/Admission - Kakku Monastery
What's excluded :
- Inle Lake zone fees.
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Inle Lake, Nyaungshwe Myanmar
The day starts early in the morning at your Inle Lake or Nyaung Shwe hotel by meeting your trekking guide and driver. We start the day with heading out to the starting point along the Inle Lake shoreline which you will reach by boat. The hike through the Burmese landscape commences here with an approximate 3.5-hour hike uphill towards Hti Ne, a small settlement where you will enjoy a simple lunch at a local monastery. Throughout the morning’s walk, a combination of low-lying lands and the beauty of the Shan Hills are seen as the perfect warm-up before reaching your final destination.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shan State, Shan State
After lunch, another 1.5 hours of adventurous walking lies ahead, ending at Neung Ke, locally known as the centre of making traditional Shan musical instruments such as gongs and drums. Most of the inhabited villages by the Pa-Oh ethnic minority come with a rich history.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kakku Pagodas, Está en Taunggyi, no en Kyaing Tong, Taunggyi Myanmar
. It is here where you will meet the driver for the final stretch towards Kakku. The road up to the thousands of stupas is bumpy, yet rewarding once you reach the area, once was closed to visitors for many years and even now only a few intrepid tourists make their way through here. Dooming up from behind the horizon, the first impression of Kakku is and remains the same – breathtaking. Over 2000 individual stupas adorn the landscape, with the main stupas towering 40 meters above the ground, and several statues of the Lord Buddha are dotted throughout the region. It remains unknown the exact history with indications leaning towards the 11th – 13th century.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kakku Monastery, Kakku Village Road, တောင်ကြီးမြို့, Myanmar (Burma)
Ample time is given to wander around this blissful place, admire the details on the various structures and thoroughly enjoy the awe and splendour of Kakku. We end the day with a stop at Htan Pha Ya village and nearby cave, home to numerous Shan Buddha images. Time to head back to Inle Lake and by car and boat you will reach your overnight address in the late afternoon.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Nyaung Shwe and along Inle Lake. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pindaya and the domestic airport are excluded.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Nyaung Shwe and along Inle Lake. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Heho, Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pindaya and the domestic airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Part of this excursion includes walking over unpaved roads and paths. This may not suit guests with walking issues. Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The total hiking time is approximately 5.5 hours with climbs up to 450 metres.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.