Hiking St James Way Between Vineyards and Winery Visit
After travelling from Donostia to Zarautz by train, we will start our hike in the small city of Zarautz, where we'll visit the old town and understand how the society of the basque coast has evolved through time.
We will follow the very old "Camino del Norte" up the hill and pass by a centuries old chapel, admire vast D.O. Getariako Txakolina vineyards and the colourful rural landscape by the ocean.
During our walk you'll learn all about this incredible ancient route; but we will also stop at a local winery where they produce the local Txakoli wine in a more responsible and environmentally friendly way. Wine tasting, local sea food treats and a great moment included. We can even get some bottles for a cheaper price than in the stores if you want.
We will finish our excursion wondering between the narrow medieval streets of Getaria, a village that was inhabited by one of the most important sailors of all times and that remains nearly untouched by the time.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of Umbrella, Poncho and Makila Walking stick if previously requested
- Winery tour (wine tasting and snacks included)
- One way train ticket from San Sebastian to Zarautz
- Hand sanitiser and surgical mask for during the tour.
What's excluded :
- Stop At: Playa de Zarautz, 20800 Zarautz Spain
We'll walk by the longest beach of the province
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Santa Maria la Real, Calle Elizaurre, 1, 20800 Zarautz Spain
We'll see one of the oldest buildings in the village and track its history back to pre-roman times
Pass By: Palacio de Narros, 20800 Zarautz Spain
We'll admire the palace where one of the queens of Spain spent her summer holidays
Pass By: Monumento a Elcano, Kalea Sahatsaga, 1, 20808 Getaria Spain
Admire the statue of the first sailor to circumnavigate the world
Stop At: Iglesia de San Salvador, Nagusia 39, 20808 Getaria Spain
A gothic church with a story about this province becoming one against the lords of this land
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Getaria Fishing Port, Getaria Spain
This is one of the ports where most of the fish that you eat in around San Sebastian is landed
• taste of anchovies
• Taste of Bonito
• Taste of Chocolate
Departure Point :Easo Plaza, 20006 Donostia, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Getariako Udala, Gudarien Enparantza Plaza, 1, 20808 Getaria, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.