Hiking in Matale Riverston Highlands
(SKU: LK74540100) This hike offers you the opportunity to spend a day hiking through the Riverston area in Sri Lanka. The place boasts spectacular view of the highlands around it.
The misty peak of Riverston, ends in a sharp 300 m drop from which you can see the surrounding countryside including Thelgamuwa Valley with its terraced fields and the Knuckles range of mountains.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation in Riverston
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transportation up to Riverston
- Any additional beverages or food
- Gratuities for staff (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Riverston
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Riverston, Knuckles Mountain Range, Matale 21400 Sri Lanka
You will be meeting up for the Riverston Excursion at 8:30am at the Riverston Telecommunications Tower, where the trail head is.
Riverston peak is part of the Knuckles Range of mountains. As one of the five peaks in the range, Riverston is part of the high biodiversity of this conserved zone.After reaching the top of the peak and spending some time there, you will be returning to the Riverston trail head.
You will then reach a place called the ‘Mini World’s End’, which is a sharp drop giving spectacular panoramic views of the surroundings.
After enjoying the sights at the Mini World’s End and taking a few photographs, you will be returning to the trail head of Pittawala Paththana.The area is the starting point of many rivers and includes quite a few waterfalls.
You will be returning back to the head of the track after your visit. A vehicle will drop you off back at the Riverston Tower by 5:30pm completing your hike.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Matale, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Riverston Telecommunications TowerAddress: Riverston Telecommunications Tower, Riverston, KandyDates: DailyReturn point: Riverston Telecommunications Tower
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- Please confirm the tour 7 days prior to your travel date, subject to availability
- Difficulty Level: Medium
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Personal effects for warm/windy/rainy conditions should be carried by clients
- The experienced and well-trained guide will take every precaution to ensure the safety and well-being of all guests on tour as your safety is a prime concern
- Subject to favorable weather conditions.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.