Hiking Day Trip to Keiservarden, Classic & Easy Hike in Bodo, Northern Norway
Keiservarden is a real classic for the people of Bodø. This mountain plateau is Bodø’s most visited hiking destination and is renowned for the wonderful views of the city, sea and the Lofoten islands. Keiservarden is one of the best places to experience the Midnight Sun.
Keiservarden is the number one hiking destination for many in Bodø. Keiservarden is 366 m above sea level and climbing to the summit is not a very demanding hike.
The view from the top – you might be able to see the silhouette of the Lofoten, the islands of Værøy and Røst (the two outermost islands in Lofoten). To the east you will see the many peaks of the spectacular Børvasstind mountain range and the mountains near the Swedish border.
Stone stairs – several alternative routes lead to the top. In 2016 Sherpas from Nepal built stone stairs along our route, which saves the terrain from wear.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- All activities
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup
- Do I need any outdoor experience?
• Is this trip for me? This trip is designed for beginners and intermediates. You don’t need any specific skills. That said you should have some outdoor experience in walking before you arrive.
• Grading: This trip is graded as MediumTransport
By bus from/to downtown Bodø.
Season & Availability
We run this tour year-round, weather permitting.
Terrain, distance and elevation
• Terrain: you must be able to walk on gravel roads, trail in slightly hilly terrain and partly steep stone stairs.
• Total length: approx. 5 km up and down.
• Elevation: from starting point 45 (140*) metres above sea level to top Keiservarden 366 m a.s.l.
(*Two optional starting points, the upper start point is not within reach by public transport.)
What do I need to bring?
You should bring
• Your own hiking gear suitable for the prevailing wind and weather conditions.
• Good footwear (hiking boots or sturdy running shoes) is an advantage.
• A small daypack for your snack, camera and some extra clothing.
We will provide
• A knowledgeable, English-speaking guide with a sense of humour and passion for this area.
• In winter: best snow spikes and headlamps available. This way the trip could be enjoyable even when dark and in winter.
• Transport from town centre to starting point and back to town after trip is included in the tour price.
Group size - We prefer small groups
• Typical group size for our trips range from 2 to 10 (15). We prefer to keep the group size as small as possible for these trips, which improves the experience for the participants and guide alike.
• Larger groups may request booking this trip. In such cases, we divide the group into smaller groups, each of which will be accompanied by their own guide. NB: We don’t mix private group trips with solo travellers.
• What is the minimum number of participants? To run this tour, a minimum of two people must book. If this minimum is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. You will then have the option of being rebooked on an alternative date or receiving a full refund.
Departure Point :Tollbugata 13, 8006 Bodø, Norway
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all participants.
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.