Hiking Day Trip in Bodo, The Hidden Valley
Valley is a beautiful valley carved out by glaciers some hundreds of thousands of years ago. Crystal clear mountain lakes and waterfalls surrounded by peaks is what you’ll find today. Starting from Bodø, the valley is a perfect place for a moderate hiking day trip in Northern Norway.
Bodø is known for excellent hiking options, its diverse landscape and the easy access to the mountainsides. If you’re a hiking enthusiast, you should add the area to your bucket list.
The Hidden Valley: The Børvasstindane mountain range contains the signature mountains of Bodø. Åselidalen – “The Hidden Valley” – cuts into the mountains between the mountain ridges Åselitindan and Falkflågtindan.
Peaks: The valley is surrounded by jagged peaks, all over 1,000 metres above sea level. Two of them, PerKalsa and Børtind, are favourites among the locals.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel/port drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup
- Is this trip for me? This trip is designed for beginners and intermediates. You should have some outdoor experience in walking and hiking before you arrive.
Grading: This trip is graded as Medium
Terrain, distance and elevation
• Terrain: You must be able to walk on trails in slightly hilly and rugged terrain.
• Total length: Approx. 4 km up and down (8 – 12 km if we choose the extended trip*).
• Elevation: From starting point 60 metres above sea level to lake Åselivatnet 160 m a.s.l.
• Two optional routes:
1. The standard trip: Ends by the upper Lake Åselivatnet and follows almost the same route back.
2. The extended trip: Possible if everyone in group can do this hike and the weather permits. This option includes a bit more rugged terrain and one particularly steep section. The total distance will range from 8 to 12 km.
Departure Point :Tollbugata 13, 8006 Bodø, Norway
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: By the Tourist Information in Bodø, centrally located in Bodø.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all participants.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A maximum of 15 people per booking.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.