Hiking and Swimming in Gerês National Park
Gerês Nationa Park is situated one and half hour driving from Porto and this is what it will take to be in the heart of the park.
Because we don't want to annoy you with so much driving, we will stop midway to stretch our legs and have a coffee (not included).
Once in Gerês National Park, we will cross the park to visit the most amazing spots as the astonishing waterfalls and viewpoints from this beautiful park as walking a bit in order to feel in true contact with Nature and breath this fresh air ;)
On our way we will have time to visit Gerês Village, known for the termal waters for a few snacks (not included) and relax a bit. After this stop we will be on our way back to Porto, and on the way we will have a stop in Braga to visit the amazing Monastery and church sittuated in the highest hill of Braga which gives you an astonishing view to the city.
Arrival to Porto will be around 18:30 :)
per adult from
What's included :
- Insurance to all participants
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
Gerês Nationa Park is situated one and half hour driving from Porto and this is what it will take to be in the heart of the park however we will stop midway to stretch our legs and have a coffee.
What we will do...
From June to September
We will have a 9 km (4.6 miles) hike which will take us to 10 magnificent natural pools situated in the heart of the park. The hike will be divided in 2 stages, 4.5 km (2.3 miles) from the starting point to the pools, where we will stay for around 1 hour to dive in the amazing natural pools (depending on people willingness we can stay a bit longer) and then the other 4.5 km (2.3 miles) back to the starting point. The path is in an uneven terrain but without steep slopes.
We can consider this hike
Difficult: for people not used to walk in the city for at least 10 km
Medium: for people Used to Hike for 10 km in the countryside
Easy: For people Used to hike for Hike for more than 10 km in an uneven terrain with steep slopes.
After the hike we will have the chance to stop in a local tavern for a refreshing drink and relax a bit before our way back to Porto city.
Arrival to Porto will be around 6:30 PM.
• Peneda-Geres National Park, Peneda-Geres National Park, Northern Portugal
Departure Point :Clérigos Tower, R. de São Filipe de Nery, 4050-546 Porto, Portugal
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.