Hiking and Black Cave Exploration in Pellumbas
The Cave of Pellumbas, or the Black Cave (Shpelle e Zezë), is about an hour hike outside the village of Pellumbas. The cave itself is approximately 360 meters deep, and inside are impressive stalagmites and stalactites, as well as bats flying around the cave. The inside of the cave is completely dark after single upon entrance. 40,000 years ago the cave was a home to ancient cave bears. It was later used as a settlement for ancient humans during the Middle Paleolithic period. During the World Wars, the cave was kept secret and used as a hiding spot for the villagers.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
We will drive from Tirana to Pellumbas village for about 45 minutes. After a coffee break we will get the equipment and get ready for the adventure. We will hike to black Cave for about 1 hour. We will enter the cave and observe the stalactites and stalagmites, and you might even be able to track a bat’s nest for abut 25 minutes. For those who prefere to stay outside, they can enjoy the amazing view and the peaceful nature. After the exploration we hike down and enjoy a delicious lunch with the local products of Pellumbas village.
What to Expect
Things You Should Bring on the Hike
Appropriate footwear. Hiking shoes;
Sun cream, sun glasses and an hat;
BONUS: Trash Bag. This 7th piece of gear is essential to making sure that the trails you love stay beautiful for generations to come. A zip lock bag is a great option as well for keeping the trash you pick up along the trail separate from the rest of your gear.
The trip fare doesn’t include coffee and any kind of drink except water. You’ll probably feel like tipping your guides at the end of a fabulous trip, though you won’t need to pull out your wallet every few minutes on your Active Albania adventure tour!
• The Cave of Pellumbas, Pellumbas Albania
Departure Point :Stadiumi "Selman Stërmasi", Rruga Gjin Bue Shpata 27, Tirana, Albania
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting point: Eco Parking, Selman Stërmasi Stadium, Tirana
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.