Hiking & Hot Springs on the Mornington Peninsula
Spend a full day with us on the Mornington Peninsula, an hour's drive from Melbourne, the world's most livable city.
Start your day with a barista-made brew on us. Us Melburnian's love our coffee! Then jump on the bus for a short drive to the Mornington Peninsula where we will delve into the incredible history, unique wildlife and spectacular scenery on offer.
Hike one of Melbourne's best national parks with a trusted guide before sitting down to a lunch showcasing the region's unparalleled fresh produce and wine.
Spend the afternoon exploring the Peninsula Hot Springs, an array of different natural springs developed to leave your body feeling incredible and your mind settled.
per adult from
830 to 1,930 hours
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Bottled water
- All activities
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from pick up point.
- Enjoy an absolutely amazing day exploring the Mornington Peninsula, arguably the biggest jewel in Melbourne's hefty crown. This is one of our most popular tours because it simply has everything.
What you need:
- A hat and sunscreen in the summer. The Aussie sun can bite!
- Warm clothes in the winter. It gets chilly by the water!
- Swimming attire for the Hot Springs.
- Extra cash for drinks.
What we supply:
- Your choice of coffee in the morning.
- Snacks and fruit on the bus.
- A beautiful lunch featuring incredible local produce.
- Cold water onboard.
- Entry to Peninsula Hot Springs.
- A warm towel to dry yourself off.
- Blankets and pillows to cuddle up with on the way home!
8.15am - We will pick up from St. Paul's Cathedral in Melbourne, just across the road from Flinders St Station.
8.30am - Being true Melburnian's, we are steadfast in our belief that each morning starts with a coffee. So, it would be rude not to get one for our guests, right? We thought so too! Jump aboard and grab your very own barista made coffee on us!
10.00am - We will arrive in Point Nepean National Park, Portsea. Not only is this park one of the most beautiful places in Victoria, it is still very much a hidden gem. Your head explorer will take you on a 2 hour hike through the trails, most often only inhabited by wallabies and echidnas.
The history you will discover here is breathtaking.
It is one of the first places white settlement took place in Australia, where the first bullet of WW1 was fired and where one of Australia's previous Prime Ministers disappeared in stormy seas while in office. Walk through old soldier barracks, sniper hideouts and look across rifle ranges long after the last shot was fired.
12.30pm - Following our hike, we will head back to Sorrento for lunch. Sorrento is a gorgeous bayside hilltop town frequented by Melbourne's elite. You will have plenty of time to enjoy the town.
2.00-2.30pm - Ensuring everyone is well-fed and slightly sleepy from lunch, we will jump back on the bus and head to the Peninsula Hot Springs.
The Peninsula Hot Springs contains more than 20 different bathing experiences. The 50°C naturally hot mineral spring water flows from an underground aquifer 637m below the surface. The water runs untouched direct from the source to the pools, which range between 37°C and 43°C. You'll feel a million bucks!
5.30pm - After a nice hot shower, wiggle into some warm clothes and jump back on the bus to head back to Melbourne. With a hot tea in hand, amazing music in your ears and Tim Tams at the ready, we will head back home to Melbourne.
7.00pm - We will arrive at our drop-off location for you to enjoy the food, fun and frivolity Melbourne has to offer.
Departure Point :Out front of St Paul's Cathedral Melbourne.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :We will drop you very close back to St Paul's Cathedral. Exact drop off might be changed due to traffic conditions.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.