Hike Table Mountain via Kloof Corner Ridge morning tour
You can't visit Cape Town without taking a stab at the mighty Table Mountain one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World. A unique feature of Kloof Corner Ridge it offers majestic views towards the north (over the city) and the west Camps Bay/Atlantic coast) at the same time at several points along the way. Arguably the most challenging Table Mountain hike as it involves rock scrambling over three ascents using a chain one through a unique 11 inches rock chimney and follows the narrow ridge on the right hand side of Table Mountain with some heart stopping exposure.
This hike being challenging and not marked give you the opportunity to explore some of the lesser traveled path on Table Mountain and to skip the over populated area.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Registered tour guide
What's excluded :
- Cable car ticket one way down
Hiking up Table Mountain via Kloof Corner Ridge is not to be attempted by anyone with a fear of heights. It offered steep, rock -scrambling sections as well as three sets of chains about 7-10m in height.
The path follows an exciting line up a classic ridge with spectacular views of Lion’s Head, Cape Town, Camps Bay and the twelve Apostles. It begins gradually making long sweeping zigzags till you reach the Contour Path. Walk left along the Contour Path to reach a chain hanging down a rock step. This is the first 6 to 7 meters pitch up to gain the ledge. From here follow a number of cairns into a gully and along the ledge to a long chimney-crack where the second chain is hanging down along a narrow crevice, it requires some upper body strength.
A short time after this climb we come to a square buttress. Step up to a ledge and continue to a corner which leads onto 11 inch chimney where the third and final chain awaits. This crack splits the rock mass, running through the ridge. Getting through the passage involved standing on rocks that were wedged into the crack and propel ourselves up and out the chimney. From here we meet the main path going up Table Mountain plateau.
• Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
Departure Point :Table Mountain Aerial Cableway, Tafelberg Rd, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
Our tour guide will collect you from your hotel lobby.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The hike is weather dependant
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Have a warm top and windbreaker
- Closed shoes (hiking, running shoes)
- Bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated
- Not recommended for travelers suffering from vertigo and fear of heights
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Our 5 seaters sedan vehicle maximum guest capacity will be reduced to 3 passengers Our 8 seaters mini-buses vehicle maximum guest capacity will be reduced to 4 passengers. Discretion can be used for people from the same small family/friend group who are traveling together.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.