Hike around the iconic Montserrat Mountain
Hike around the iconic Natural Park of Montserrat and enjoy the magnificent views from one of its peaks. Learn about the local animals and Mediterranean vegetation characterizing this unique place. Visit the ancient monastery that has been receiving pilgrims for almost 1000 years. The entire experience will take about six hours.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Accident insurance
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Tips (optional)
The Montserrat Massif
Montserrat is a rocky massif traditionally considered the most important and significant mountain in Catalonia.
The word mont means mount and serrat means to be peeled, mountain peeled in Catalan.
Montserrat is characterized by its geomorphological forms of its seductive and abrupt environment. Unruly and whimsical, natural and natural, which are related to the erosion of tectonic movements and the multitude of sediments that were deposited over the years. Did you know that this entire area was occupied by the delta of a river more than 50 million years ago?
The monastery of Montserrat, with a history of almost 1000 years old, has become a religious reference that gathers every year to miles of pilgrims. And it is not surprising, since it has been found in a small cave the black virgin, known as "La Moreneta", Montserrat has always been linked to spirituality.
• Abadia de Montserrat, Carretera BP-1121 S/N, 08199 Montserrat Spain
Departure Point :Passeig de Gràcia, 19, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We recommend you to bring the following items in order to fully enjoy the tour: warm mid layer, comfortable walking shoes, camera, snacks and sun protection.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.