Hike & History in Ollioules: Medieval Village in Provence Tour
Not many people know about the old medieval village of Ollioules and even less know that from the village there is direct access to the fabulous ridge of the Gros Cerveau mountains (Big Brain). Only locals know the trails.
We will start with a visit to the old medieval village penetrating the small alleyways discussing the glorious history of Ollioules. We will observe houses, fountains, olive oil mills, and time permitting - a quick visit to the 130 year old nugat factory! Every corner is photo op. A vertiable village in provence experience, far far from the tourist trail.
We will start to climb slowly up to the old chateau where glorious views of the bay below will mesmerize us. We will continue climbing up and taking an old well marked trail to the plateau of Gros Cerveau. From there we have incredible views of old fortresses, the gorges of Ollioules and the entire bay of Toulon. Must see. Not in any guidebook.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ollioules, Ollioules, Var, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Ollioules welcomes us to the foothills of its feudal castle and invites us to discover, over the stream of water and its fountains, over thirty artisans, and a colorful and thriving market on Thursdays and Saturdays. We will stroll the alleys in the medieval district, look at the ancient houses and tell stories.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Vestiges du Chateau Feodal, Chemin de Ste Barbe, 83190 Ollioules France
Climb up to the old castle, explain its history overlooking the village below and the gorge of Ollioules on the other side.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gros cerveau, Route Du Gros Cerveau A Prendre Depuis Le Centre Du Village D'Ollioules, Ollioules France
We will climb up to the ridge have fantastic views of the mountain. Picnic tables will invite us to have a snack or a sandwich or anything else that we'd like!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :TOURIST OFFICE OF OLLIOULES, 116 Av. Philippe de Hautecloque, 83190 Ollioules, France
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/28/2019 - 2/8/2022
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- I cannot guide with a facemask, and cannot expect clients to wear one either, it is optional. Best is to keep 1 meter distance, wash hands and use basic safety hygine techniques.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.