Highlights Peru 10 Days 9 Nights
Experience a compelling blend of wild, unspoiled nature and fascinating historic reminders of vanished civilizations during this sample Machu Picchu and Amazon tour of Peru. Start in Peru’s Amazon jungle, where the biological diversity is simply unparalleled – one in ten of the world’s known species live here! After exploring the depths of the rainforest, move onward to the heartland of the Inca Empire. Meet skilled local craftspeople and cuddly camelids in the peaceful and pastoral Sacred Valley, see stupendous views of the looming needle-like Andean peaks, and marvel at the precarious setting of the ancient kingdom of Machu Picchu.
Before the Tour, your guide will meet you at your hotel for an in-depth briefing. This provides an opportunity to ask any questions you might have.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation: 9 Nights hostal(s) in hotel(s) in Lima, Lodge Puerto Maldonado, Cusco, Puno Titicaca.
- Excursions: Lima, Lodge Puerto Maldonado, Cusco, Puno Titicaca.
- Transport: bus, minivan, train, on foot, boat.
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary.
- Local top quality English-speaking guides to accompany visits and excursions.
What's excluded :
- International airfare, domestic airfare within Peru.
- Tips on included excursions, visas, travel insurance, personal items.
- Pre & post tour accommodation.
- Spending money – allow approximately US$ 35-50 per day to cover meals, snacks, drinks, limited souvenirs, laundry, tips and any extras.
- Meals not noted
- Optional climb to Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain.
- DAY 1: LIMA ARRIVAL
Transfer from airport to your hotel.
DAY 2 – FLIGHT LIMA TO PUERTO MALDONADO AMAZON LODGE (B, L, D)
Fly to Puerto Maldonado and trasnsport to Lodge reception in town. You will be driven from Puerto Maldonado to Tambopata River Port which is 20 kilometers drive away.
DAY 3 – TRES CHIMBADAS OXBOW LAKE & ETHNOBOTANICAL TOUR (B, L, D)
Boat ride and hike for forty five minutes. Once you reach the lake, you will paddle around in a catamaran and can look for the family of river otters. You will then go on an Ethnobotanical tour which is 20 minutes boat ride downriver. Once you return to the lodge, you can go out on a night walk.
DAY 4 FLIGHT PUERTO MALDONADO TO CUSCO (B)
Transfer by boat to Puerto Maldonado.then your flight to Cusco. Upon arrival in Cusco, you’ll be met by a host who will take you to the hotel.
DAY 5: CUSCO – AFTERNOON CITY TOUR (B)
The city tour will start at 13:00 pm. We explore the city by foot. This also includes a visit of Koricancha. After this we take a short drive to visit Sacsayhuaman along with Tambomachay
DAY 06: SACRED VALLEY – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES (B, L)
The tour starts at 8:00am we are going to visit Pisac site and we have lunch at local restaurant. Our journey continues to Ollantaytambo, where we will visit the archaeological complex. In the afternoon, we will travel to Agua Calientes by train, where we’ll spend the night
DAY 07: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B)
Today, we will travel by bus to the mountain of Machu Picchu. The tour will be guided for 2:30 hours. We will visit the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and the cemeteries. In the afternoon, we will return to our hotel in Cusco
DAY 8 – SPEND THE DAY TRAVELLING FROM CUSCO TO PUNO BY BUS (B)
Transfer to the bus station where you will board the bus to Puno. You will enjoy several shorts stops to take in panoramic views. In Sicuani where you’ll have a delicious buffet lunch. Upon arrival you will be met by our representative and taken to your hotel.
DAY 9 – FULL DAY TO LAKE TITICACA (UROS FLOATING ISLANDS & TAQUILE) (B, L)
Our journey will begin with the Uros Floating Islands. After, you will proceed to the Island of Taquile. Here we will have the lunch. In the afternoon, the boat will take you back to Puno.
DAY 10 – DEPARTURE FROM PUNO, VISIT SILLUSTANI AND INTERNATIONAL DEPARTURE (B)
You will be collected from your hotel in Puno and transferred to Juliaca airport. On route, you will visit the Chullpas at Sillustani. Then, you will continue on to the Juliaca airport. Take flight to Lima then connect to your flight home.
Departure Point :You will be picked-up at your hotel.
Departure Time :(every day, including holidays)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WHAT TO BRING:
- During the travel, your main luggage can be stored at our office or at your hotel, both free of charge.
- Original passport or identity card.
- Small bag for accessories (allowed are maximum 6 kg in the train to and from Aguas Calientes).
- Daypack for personal items.
- Comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear (hiking boots or sandals recommended).
- Extra money for souvenirs and handicrafts.
- Camera and charger.
- Insect repellent.
- Scarf or hat in order to protect against the intense sun.
- Warm jacket for the evening.
- Personal medications.
- Tickets to Huaynapicchu (subject to availability) US$35.00
- Train Vistadome Round Trip US$ 40.00
- Single Supplement US$180.00
- every day, including holidays)
- 10 Days 9 Nights
- You will be picked-up at your hotel
- Your hotel - Airport
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.