Highlights of The Historic Center of Vienna
On this walk your guide will show you the most important sights of Vienna's city center. You make many stops as your guide tells you interesting and entertaining things about the Habsburgs and about Austrian history.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- The walk begins in front of the Vienna State Opera, one of the most important opera houses in the world. Here you are given an overview of the development of the city to the present day. You continue from the Hotel Sacher to the Albertina with a stop at the "Monument to War and Fascism".
Your walk then continues to the Hofburg, the former main residence of the Habsburg family. After being given a historical overview, you will go to the Ballhausplatz to see the Presidential Chancellery and the Federal Chancellery.
Afterwards you will see the most important shopping streets of the historic center such as Kohlmarkt and Graben where you will hear stories about local coffee houses, pastries and Viennese cuisine. The walk ends in the heart of Vienna where the largest church in the country, the St. Stephen's Cathedral, is located. Here you will learn more about the Cathedral and its damage during the Second World War.
Departure Point :Live Show Opera, Herbert-Von-Karajan-Platz K, 1010 Wien, Austria
Return Detail :Stephansplatz, 1010 Wien, Austria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.