Highlights of Budapest Private Walking Tour
This 3.5 hour customized walking tour takes you to the most spectacular locations in Budapest exploring famous monuments and iconic neighborhoods on both sides of the Danube river, offering you an overall picture of the city.
Discover Pest including Heroes’ Square and Vajdahunyad Castle among the other main sights, as well as the Castle Hill on the Buda side, starting from the Royal Palace through Fisherman’s Bastion to Matthias Church. Your personal art historian guide will introduce you to Hungarian history and architecture through a local's eyes, tailoring the tour according to your needs. You will get the chance to relax in a breathtaking historical café enjoying a refreshing drink and to take a ride on the Millennium Underground. Our walk also includes a guided tour inside Matthias Church.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Invitation for a soft drink or a coffee
- Lisenced, art historian guide
What's excluded :
- To start the tour, your private guide will pick you up from your accommodation or any other previously agreed location. All is flexible and customized according to your requests so the itinerary may vary according to your needs and to the meeting point. Nevertheless the tour always contains all the sights described hereby.
It is practical to begin the walk on the Pest side of the city at Heroes' Square where you will have the chance to learn about the iconic statue complex representing the most famous historical figures of Hungary thus offering a good introduction into our nation's past. Strolling around in the City Park right behind the square, you will find yourself in the courtyard of a fairy-tale like building- Vajdahunyad Castle built to display the ruling architectural styles of Hungary for the 1896 World Fair. One sight that must not be left out is Szechenyi bath house where you will get an insight of our spa culture.
To head back to downtown Pest we take the Millennium Underground, and once gotten off, it will be just about time to take a break in a splendid historical café for a drink and a time- travel back to the turn of the 1900s. Strolling down on Andrássy Boulevard full of neo- renaissance apartment houses and high- brand fashion stores, you will have a look at one of the great architectural masterpieces of Budapest-the State Opera House. Having reached the end of Andrassy Boulevard, you will have arrived to St. Stephen’s Basilica, the third biggest church in the country, named after our first Christian King.
On the second leg of the program, you will cross the majestic Danube River through Chain Bridge to the Buda side. you will walk around in the Castle Hill area getting an amazing view of the Parliament on the other side and of the Buda Hills. Apart from visiting the Royal Palace and Fisherman’s Bastion this walk also offers a tour inside Matthias Church. Apart from the main sights in this district you will find the little gems of residential villas from the Medieval Times with richly ornate baroque facades. You will get acquainted with Budapest according to the motto "My City, Your Way!"
Departure Point :Previously agreed location with the customer
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes are advisable
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.